1/8 Heller BMW R100 RS

Hi all, here we go again with another Heller bike build, this was a commission build, to replicate the owners full size bike. He requested the seat to be painted in a dark blue colour, not found any reference pictures to confirm it was a factory option, but I mixed up a colour to blend with the pin striping on the bike. I have a few minor details to finish off but I am calling the build complete for the purpose of the pictures. I will have to see if the client wants the bike mounted on a base, it would finish off the model nicely I think. Hope you all like this 70's German classic.

dzK9USU.jpg
MIve79n.jpg
xcfUxGb.jpg
fYlY0qu.jpg
UFhQbYr.jpg

J0OhQo9.jpg
3mG5LCk.jpg
ltR6odG.jpg

(Update) Client requested a base to display the bike, so here are the final pictures. Base was built from scrap materials and the badge was a spare the client had that should fit on the rear seat cowl. Front wheel was secured with some fibre optic strand epoxied into the base and the bikes centre stand is also glued to the base.

XwM5ygu.jpg
AlA0FLy.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 16

That's a superb model.  Just as an aside, back in the day, you had to be quite well off to purchase the R100RS.  At the time the Goldwing was £1600 one of these would set you back £2999

3 hours ago, Natter said:

That's a superb model.  Just as an aside, back in the day, you had to be quite well off to purchase the R100RS.  At the time the Goldwing was £1600 one of these would set you back £2999

Very true !

German built vehicles always were expensive,i once owned an NSU 250 Supermax,1965 vintage,that was a very interesting bike,one i should have kept really.

14 hours ago, HOUSTON said:

Lee another SUPER build from you.

Wonderful  workmanship. 

:clap:

(ran out of Likes today     :bangin:   )

Thanks again,the client is delighted with the model,and has plans for me to build another bike in the future.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Outstanding!!!!  As a BMW rider myself*, I am impressed with the level of scale definition...it looks real.  I found this via a search for R100RS images and I was surprised to find your work among the real things.  I'm wrapping up a IMAI 12th scale RS and it's been a bit of a pig (in red smoke scheme....you will never see a picture of it =D).  Would love to get my hands on one of these Heller kits, but none are showing up on eBay.  Currently have the Italeri repop of the Protar R80G/S Dakar bike on order.

Again, well done!

Cheers!

Robert

*R1200GS, but the R100RS was my "dream" bike when I started riding in the late 70s.  Have subsequently ridden several "airheads" including RS and R80G/S belonging to friends.

2 hours ago, orangelion56 said:

Outstanding!!!!  As a BMW rider myself*, I am impressed with the level of scale definition...it looks real.  I found this via a search for R100RS images and I was surprised to find your work among the real things.  I'm wrapping up a IMAI 12th scale RS and it's been a bit of a pig (in red smoke scheme....you will never see a picture of it =D).  Would love to get my hands on one of these Heller kits, but none are showing up on eBay.  Currently have the Italeri repop of the Protar R80G/S Dakar bike on order.

Again, well done!

Cheers!

Robert

*R1200GS, but the R100RS was my "dream" bike when I started riding in the late 70s.  Have subsequently ridden several "airheads" including RS and R80G/S belonging to friends.

Cheers Robert.