How to post or link a pdf?

During a clearout I have found a list, produced by Modeltoys, of nearly all the Modeldecal sheets and their contents and which includes a list cross referencing sheets to aircraft. It's a 2 sided, not very sharp, photocopy on green paper with small font which will not  photograph well.

I will try to scan it as a PDF for general use but don't know if I can post a scan or a link?

As this has been a bit of a Holy Grail for a while for all of us interested in post WW2 British a/c  can anybody give guidance?

Thanks

Iain

Hi Iain

If you can find some web space to upload it to, creating a link is relatively straightforward, just click on the chain symbol just to the left of the quotation mark and smiley symbols at the top of the  post editing box, and enter the appropriate link text, or alternatively just highlight the page address in your browser address bar, copy and paste into your post.

Most photo hosting sites won't let you upload pdf's, so you would have to find somewhere that can host these.

The other alternative is that to generate the pdf you'll be scanning the sheets as images, which are then automatically embedded in the pdf. Rather than scanning as a pdf, try scanning to a couple of hi res jpg's that can be uploaded to a photo hosting site. You can then link to the high res images as above, and optionally post low res versions as well.

Scalemates gives a good searchable database which includes Modeldecals,

https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?fkSECTION[]=Kits&q=Modeldecal

This can be narrowed down by selecting aircraft type, service, squadron etc.

It may or may not include all the info on your list, so this would be welcome info regardless.

How about scanning it as two separate pages and saving them as .JPG or .PNG?  That way, you could post them here as images.

Mike

• Like 1

Yes, what Mike said. Just scan and save it as jpeg, then post it here as you would a picture. 

I did it that way with this:

49914096227_a4a264b3ce_b.jpg

Chris