Italeri A-10 (no longer a Revell MV-22 Osprey)

Having been stuck in the 1940s for most of the year with a Tempest, Beaufighter, 2 hour Panzer, Lancaster and RAF Refuelling set I thought I'd bring myself up to date.

P1040460.jpg

Not sure if I'm going clean or "grubby", with or without crew, ramp up or ramp down. I'll see how the mood takes me. 

• Like 3

Nice.  Been looking at the 1/48 version as they are up the road at Mildenhall.  You can tell them from the sound as they pass over

7NSEtJc.jpg

Lots of lumps & bumps on them now - never compared them to the kit to see how early the model version is.  Going kit version / decals?

• Like 1

Dunno, will see how it evolves.

Speaking of evolution, after a quick trip to The Stash this WIP has now morphed into an A-10 with the Osprey going in the Group Build.

P1040462.jpg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Harry_the_Spider said:

WIP has now morphed into an A-10 with the Osprey going in the Group Build.

You should probably change the thread title. I shall still follow as I’ve always liked the (ahem) Thunderbolt II, as it was the last time I built one :) 

• 4 months later...

...and we're back in the room!

Not touched any kits since June as we've taken the opportunity to re-decorate the house during lockdown. However Covid has struck (in an asymptomatic way) and we're locked in, so the kit is back on.

I'm a big fan of Italeri and all of their short comings, but this is testing me. The kit is fine and the fit is "Italeri" but the plastic is egg box quality and it turns to liquid with the merest hint of glue.

Onwards!

Primed.

P1050218.jpg

Lost my MoJo a bit with this one as I started it so long ago.

Need to pick it up again as I don't want another kit staring down at me from the Grave Yard of The Unfinished.