Hasegawa Birdcage Corsair 1/72 FINISHED

almac

Hi all. I’ve managed to fix the black lines on the camouflage which almost took as long as the original masking. One day I’ll build a model without having to spend twice as long fixing my errors. Speaking of errors I’ve sprayed some Klear for a gloss coat and looks a bit orange peel in places. I think I’ve been too heavy handed and it’s gone on too thick. I’ll look at it tomorrow and see what I can do with it. Here is how it looks before the Klear.

spacer.png

Tomorrow I’ll hopefully get more done. Better get a move on only three weeks to go.

Cheers Allan 

• Like 5

Morning all. Today I finished the gloss coats on this one. I took Modelling minion’s advice and brush coated several coats over the day and it turned out nice and shiny.Definitely less stressful than airbrushing it. Tonight I applied the decals without any dramas. 

spacer.png

More tomorrow.

Cheers Allan 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, modelling minion said:

One of the few occasions where brush beats airbrush every time, gets there a lot quicker and I think with better results.

Decals look great Allan, certainly adds colour to the build.

Thanks for your comment. I was actually very impressed with the gloss coat I managed with the brush. I’ll be using a brush for Klear for future projects.

Cheers Allan 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all. I'm finally calling this one done and dusted. I had planned to do more to it but time constraints don't allow for that. Anyways I'm reasonably happy with it despite the reversed (I think) camouflage. Thanks to Dennis for being the GB host and to every who took part and who commented and gave advice. Pictures in the gallery shortly.

Cheers Allan

• Like 2