Mig 25 RBT Colour

Ahoy all.

I am currently building the Revell 1:48 Mig 25 RBT. The main colour is flagged as a 50:50 mix of satin grey and satin light grey. I was contemplating trying to find a closeish match then do a final covering of the 50:50 mix. As I'm spectacularly bad at differentiating shades of grey, does anyone have any suggestions for a colour for this base coat. I'm brush painting, acrylics, and given the current situation hoping something in my existing box of paints which is mostly revell, humbrol and a smattering of tamiya.

Thanks

Ken

On 6/8/2020 at 8:49 AM, Luke Piewalker said:

Having had a go at piecing together the nose, intakes and bottom of the fuselage I can only conclude this model was designed by someone who hates people who make models...

I am unsure what you mean. The fit of parts is actually pretty good.

Jens

• Like 1

I could get the intakes on, but then couldn't get the cockpit section correctly located. I'm working my way through it a bit at a time. I now have the cockpit and intakes on, but the top of the fuselage won't sit down on top of the intakes correctly. I'll continue wrangling and I'll get there eventually. I am wholly willing to accept it is probably something I did wrong that would have made it all a bit easier. I did make a tactical mistake putting the nosecone on before I mounted the cockpit section to the front bulkhead, as it would have been easier to manhandle without the big pointy bit.

Hmm...

This kit fits absolutely fine if you align rvetything correctly....sligtly too much glue or parts not tightly fit together creates problems. As does building out of sequence without careful dry fitting. 

Any photos that might be of help?

Thanks. I looked at AKAN when I was doing my Flanker but had trouble finding a source without it being prohibitively expensive on the postage.

With a bit of an assault on the front bulkhead I have managed to get it all together. Not perfect by any stretch, but can't blame anyone but me.