Revell spares?

Neil

Quick question, anybody had the need to contact Revell for any spares? Currently building a Revell 1/72 Hawker Hunter Mk 6 (lovely little kit) but unfortunately there is a fault with the canopy, there are two tiny 'bubbles' or blemishes within the clear plastic, kind of spoils it somewhat!  (See pic .... )

Not at the finishing stage yet, so it is certainly not urgent at the moment, and obviously with all of the lockdown situation it does seem rather trivial (to put it mildly) as things stand, so am a little reluctant to try and contact anybody about the issue at the moment. Just curious to see if any of you have have obtained Revell spares in the past?

Removed by admin

49973208362_8223bb0455_o.jpg

B)

I managed to tread tread on the cockpit glazing for my Revell Embraer 190 last year and contacted [email protected]

I owned up to it being my fault and offered/was willing to pay any costs. P&P and part came to £7.45.

3 weeks later the new glazing sprue arrived at my home, sturdily packed. As yours is a defective part maybe they will waive the charge?

Good luck,

John

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Viking said:

I managed to tread tread on the cockpit glazing for my Revell Embraer 190 last year and contacted [email protected]

I owned up to it being my fault and offered/was willing to pay any costs. P&P and part came to £7.45.

3 weeks later the new glazing sprue arrived at my home, sturdily packed. As yours is a defective part maybe they will waive the charge?

Good luck,

John

Aha, excellent, thanks! I will give them a try in the near future. :)

B)

I spilled a cup of tea over the decals of my Revell Shackleton MR.3 kit while examining it just after it arrived in the post and the sheet was replaced free of charge even although I expected to pay for it.

Slight hiccup ordering the replacement canopy .....

Filled in the form correctly on Revell's website, quoting correct kit number, part number etc etc. All fine and dandy. Got a very polite email back very quickly telling me that the kit is no longer available, so I cannot have a replacement canopy. I did not check beforehand if the F6 Hunter kit was still available, it is currently not in Revell's catalogue, so strictly speaking that kit 'technically' is not current. I should of checked  ..........

However, the FGA9 Hunter is currently available, which uses the same sprue, and therefore same part, as the F6 kit canopy. So I have re-submitted another form quoting that kit instead, and explaining the situation, so hopefully I will hear back from Revell at some point.

Just a quick heads-up as it were, check before ordering anything, as I should have !

B) 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, replacement canopy sprue arrived in the mail today, free of charge because of the original faulty moulding. Excellent service from Revell, could not fault them, credit where credit is due. 

Very happy, well done Revell.  :)

50022043721_8956b4d8ae_o.jpg

B)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

I'm sure, if they had tried really hard, that they could have found a bigger box.

Ah, but it's not a big box, it only looks big because the clear part is very, very small .... :D

B)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, Model wings said:

How old of a model can you get replacement parts for, I just bought a arado e 555 and it’s missing one of the tail fin pieces 

You may as well just ask, but  as a general guide,  is the kit currently available?   I don't think those Luft 46 kits have been for a while so probably not.  

HTH