1/35 scale walker, Ma.k type thing....

39 minutes ago, Buff Manila said:

The dio makes me think "Neo-Shanghai waterfront 2045".

Cheers, was going to try and paint the umbrella in an oriental way and paint some pictograms on the bit of exposed wall. 

It's the floor covering that's giving me problems at the moment, concrete/wood/sand, no ot wood. A mix of concrete and sand around the edge is probable. 

Cheers Brian. 

• Like 2

Lucky find in the box of bits to fit in the door and the bonus is its its has working lights. Bob has had some steps made for him and the coolent equipment has had a few greeblies added. 

IMG-20200609-195919.jpg
IMG-20200609-195544.jpg

Masked off ready to paint some primer. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hunter Rose said:

Looking good, like the layout of the diorama and theres already a lot of nice details. Can't wait to see some paint :)

Cheers, I still have no idea about paint at the moment and that's probably why I'm still faffing and building more stuff, after looking at your thread again I got the green stuff out and had a go at my figures. So Bob has a hat of sorts and John has a bandaner and a small tool bag ( it's not a bum bag!). The driver of the large walker has had his arm chopped off and moved so he can reach the control stick in the cab. I have also removed some of the army type details from the shirts. A very new thing for me to try but mostly happy so far with them. 

IMG-20200610-100323.jpg
IMG-20200610-100528.jpg
IMG-20200610-100550.jpg

• Like 4

Oh cool, I love screwing around with nodding figures, the bandana and the  "totally-not-a-bumbag" are especially well done.

This is pretty inspirational for me too, I plan on having a ton of stowage and a scratch made basket on the back of my rust bucket like your walkers have got. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hunter Rose said:

Oh cool, I love screwing around with nodding figures, the bandana and the  "totally-not-a-bumbag" are especially well done.

This is pretty inspirational for me too, I plan on having a ton of stowage and a scratch made basket on the back of my rust bucket like your walkers have got. 

Thanks you and here is some paint, just a simple paint to these tree chaps. Want to add some company logo when they are fully dry. 

IMG-20200610-150239.jpg

• Like 4

So I have not been waisting my time cooking and cleaning all day, I did get some work on this done as well, mostly finished the base maybe a bit more weathering to the door. Did add a hanging sign and Bob is on his push bike today but is having a coffee before he starts work. 

IMG-20200611-180026.jpg

• Like 3

I’m really loving these!
I been seeing a lot of Japanese modelers bashing similar “single pilot/open cockpit” walkers on Twitter lately. You’ve definitely tapped into the zeitgeist.  Your diorama/ base is looking great too and really going to put this over the top. Excellent work. 🤪

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all for following along and you very kind comments, I have painted a few small parts of the dio, extended the red of the umbrella as it looked to much like a nippel to me....😉, coolent refiller is painted and all the bits and bobs that will be cluttering up the dio. I do still want to make a few small pits of paper rubish,then it on the painting the walkers.

I'm two minds in how to go about this, airbrush the main colours them go in and hand paint the small stuff or paint a coat of gun metal and hand paint the outer parts. 1 have orded a nice 1/35 scale seated girl that will seat in the smaller walker hopefully. 

Screenshot-20200614-091627-com-alibaba-a

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hunter Rose said:

Wow yeah that screams neo Tokyo! 

Cheers, I have added some light effects to the coolent equipment now as well and another go a YT. Is quite subtle and I have cheeted as its the lights from a cheep toy might buy at bonfire night, no wire required... Lol

• Like 3

So this is the light unit inside the coolent equipment, it is turned on by the small spring making contact with the metal plate underneath, would have been turn on by shaking the widget its from but I have made a simple push button so I can turn the light on. They only start on for the length of the YT video but that OK for my needs. 

IMG-20200614-123510.jpg
IMG-20200614-122747.jpg

• Like 3

First of the walkers is panited and ready for a flat coat and a bit of weathering. Decided just hand paint the entire thing, so gave it a coat of black primer, then a coat of gun metal and some thinned down blue to keep the blue metallic effect, I think once its all flat coated it should look better. Definitely looks a lot more like personal walker and not military which is what I wanted. The larger walker is going to (hopefully) look more like an expedition vehicle. 

IMG-20200616-145526.jpg

Started laying out the dio as well, again needs some more weathering and the odd bit of top coat. 

IMG-20200616-150343.jpg

• Like 4