Spitfire Mk.I 1/32

Good afternoon, I bring you one of the most beautiful aircraft in history ..... the Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I Revell 1/32 kit painted with Tamiya acrylics and AML decals (the best you have ever used) ... .regards!!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 20

That is really nicely finished, it is a great job and will look good in the cabinet.

Two minor things that I would do improve it.  

• The ailerons produce roll by working in opposition - one goes down the other up.  I’m sure this is a quick fix you could do.  
  • The other is that I think the cowling wasn’t hinged.  It was on or off, undo the captured fixings and take it off.

Nice job though, well done..

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Grey Beema said:

That is really nicely finished, it is a great job and will look good in the cabinet.

Two minor things that I would do improve it.  

• The ailerons produce roll by working in opposition - one goes down the other up.  I’m sure this is a quick fix you could do.  
  • The other is that I think the cowling wasn’t hinged.  It was on or off, undo the captured fixings and take it off.

Nice job though, well done..

I put the engine gates like this to make the engine visible, they do not have hinges ,,, they are removable ...... the flaps are mobile so that detail is minor and solvable, thanks for commenting .....!

Very impressive build! And it gladdens my heart to see the drooping elevators – very authentic.

I don't know how concerned you are with accuracy…

Grey Beema already pointed out that the ailerons (they're not "flaps"!) move in opposite directions for lateral control. The antenna mast, however, lacks the triangular prong that served as an anchor pont for the aerial wire. Without it, there's no way to attach the wire and that indicates that Revell's original machine had the later VHF radio fitted with an antenna was much shorter and integral to the mast itself. So, the aerial wire glued to a mast that can't accept a wire looks a little bit odd. 😉

These points apart, impressive modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Spitfire31 said:

Very impressive build! And it gladdens my heart to see the drooping elevators – very authentic.

I don't know how concerned you are with accuracy…

Grey Beema already pointed out that the ailerons (they're not "flaps"!) move in opposite directions for lateral control. The antenna mast, however, lacks the triangular prong that served as an anchor pont for the aerial wire. Without it, there's no way to attach the wire and that indicates that Revell's original machine had the later VHF radio fitted with an antenna was much shorter and integral to the mast itself. So, the aerial wire glued to a mast that can't accept a wire looks a little bit odd. 😉

These points apart, impressive modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

I will try to correct the subject of the antenna ... that was quite simple in the model and did not explain the detail of the connection, greetings and thanks for commenting.

• Like 1

If I am not mistaken I think that's the original 1969 issue ( DW-K Box art ) the wheels are the giveaway.

very nice job on such an old kit  :yes: the surface detail on this kit still puts a lot of todays newer kits to shame .  :goodjob:

• Like 1