Aoshima MG-B Mk3

Another car finished this year!

This is the Aoshima 1/24 scale kit picked up from LMS near work.

Nice kit, simple to build as it's kerbside, used Vallejo Model Air paints and Alclad Aquagloss with a bit of bare metal foil for the screen and side detail.

op58b6I.jpg

d2WyPVB.jpg

JKdMICo.jpg

KeBO7LV.jpg

YRCxrHW.jpg

Thanks for looking

• Like 12

If you'd photographed it against an outdoor scene it would be difficult to tell that from the full-sized article.  I suppose there should be some sort of representation of the clips where the hood would attache to the top of the windscreen, but that's more of a criticism of the kit than of your handiwork.  The paintwork is particularly impressive.

• Like 1

Nicely built! As much as I prefer the chrome bumpered MGB in real life, I think this kit looks better than the chrome bumpered one because I feel the wire wheels that come in the kit don't look as realistic as these Rostyle ones. 

• Like 2

Very nicely done, I hope that mine looks as good as this when it's worked its way through the stash. While I would concede that the chrome bumper version is probably better looking, this to me is the MGB look which probably gives me away as someone born in the '70s.

• Like 1

very nicely finished mg as everyone has said rubber bumpers aargh , a favorite saying of one of the lads i work with " take of the bumpers and everything looks like a race car" he hasnt tried it with any of the bosses cars yet !

This looks really good. I’ve not seen the rubber bumpered version as a kit before (agreeing with @Spiny as someone born in the 70s, I have a soft spot for the uglier MG!) it looks a lot better than the chrome bumper kit

Beautiful!!! I didn’t know they did a rubber bumper car. I’ll have to try to track one down. Did it include parts for left-hand drive, too?

I drove a ‘78 as my only transportation for 9 years and 186,000 miles. 😵  My future wife called it “The Heat Machine.”

20 minutes ago, Ben Brown said:

Did it include parts for left-hand drive, too?

Unfortunately not Ben, though it does come with all the bits for the chrome version, including the not so convincing wire wheels!

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Wish someone did a 1/24 Spitfire 1500 so I could have a model of the one sat in the garage!😩

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Madmonk said:

Wish someone did a 1/24 Spitfire 1500 so I could have a model of the one sat in the garage!😩

As a fellow Spitfire owner, I wholeheartedly agree and demand that Tamiya produce a Spitfire kit - something along the lines of their 300SL with opening doors and engine detail. 😀

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Madmonk said:

That would be great, it is. Real shame there’s a big gap in the 1/24 market for British classics. A spitfire, a cortina or a TR4 would make my day

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Madmonk said:

Unfortunately not Ben, though it does come with all the bits for the chrome version, including the not so convincing wire wheels!

Thanks for all the comments guys.

That’s too bad about the left hand drive. I might have to start cruising eBay for one, anyway. 

In addition to the Spitfire, I’d love to see a 1/24 chrome bumper MGB GT kit. I drove one of those for a while, too.

Ben

• Like 1