Introduction

Kerfkiller

Hi 

Names George aka Kerfkiller, used to be a Sawdoctor/ Saw Filer in a previous life now I am a Therapist!!! better hours, warmer work space and not so dangerous

Have returned to modelling after many years of not doing it!

I have been plugging away reading, watching you tube and making mistakes, so I am getting there.

my area of interests is WW2, Cold War and recent conflicts with a particular interest in the RNZAF.

When not modelling i fill my day with fishing, racing pigeons and walking my dog oh and work :(, still allows me to add to my stash.... so many models so little time!!!

I use Tamiya paint as the local hobby shop stocks them and have recently bought a airbrush etc so that's a learning curve, look forward to chatting and learning

Cheers George

• Like 1

Hello George...:post1: from Chicago USA. We share similar tastes in build subjects, I build aviation from WW2 to modern. Please if you have any questions feel free to ask. Everyone here is quite friendly and glad to help with tips, advice, and information. 

Dennis

Hi Dennis

thanks for the welcome

I will post a couple of photo's of complete projects in due course, i really want to get my models looking sharp, at present i feel they look like the local preschool finger painting class has done them.

I build OOB, have played with photo etch etc.... my eyes can not see, and i have short stubby fingers and I dislike CA immensley, lost a lot of skin to that stuff :)  my other struggle is all the little sticky out bits on models i always seem to bust them off...... gotta feed the carpet monster

cheers 

George

• Like 1

Good morning from the UK. Nice to have you along, it’s a good place this. Lots of friendly and very helpful people. Good luck with the airbrush, I started using one myself a couple of months ago. They are good, but do take some getting used to. I also use Tamiya paint and when mixed 50/50 with Tamiya thinners, they spray well.

With regards CA glue, I can’t use it as I developed a sensitivity to it years ago, so I use a UV activated glue, which works fairly well. Or use PVA, but that takes longer to dry.

Jon

Edited by Faraway