Boeing B-29 "Enola Gay" and their babies

Kit Academy 1/72, Boeing B-29 Enola gay and their babies, model that came to my hands armed, repaired and painted with Alclad lacquers, box decals, Fat Man and Little Boy correspond to the B-29 Monogram kit 1/48, greetings and thanks for commenting.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

PD: "excuse the logo of my group in Chile".

Edited by zeuschile
correction
  • Like 44
  • Thanks 1

That's a very well done build. I often wondered what the Academy B-29 looks like when built and your effort allows me to see. Was there any difficulty building this kit?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

That's a very well done build. I often wondered what the Academy B-29 looks like when built and your effort allows me to see. Was there any difficulty building this kit?

Hello, well, as I was saying this kit, I received it assembled, I corrected some details of the lines and I painted it, but I have several more and when reviewing them, it is seen that it is a very friendly kit, I hope to assemble the B-50 in a short time, the idea is to do it NACA with the Bell X-1, greetings!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Very nice work @zeuschile

@SAT69 I built the Academy kit some years ago, I goes together nicely OOB. The kit is nicely engineered with good interior detail which is not seen once buttoned up. I have another 2 in the stash to build as a VB-29 and a RAAF Washington.

• Like 1

Wow!!! Very impressive, 

I have done the 1/48 Academy kit and foiled it, this blows mine into the weeds any tips on airbrushing Alclad?

cheers G

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Kerfkiller said:

Wow!!! Very impressive, 

I have done the 1/48 Academy kit and foiled it, this blows mine into the weeds any tips on airbrushing Alclad?

cheers G

Hello ,,,,, good for a good result with Alclad I recommend applying Tamiya Lp1 glossy black base, after 24 hours apply Alclad Chrome preferably and after a couple of hours apply to protect the metallic Tamiya Lp9 or failing that Modelmaster Sealer for Metalizer, with that I should give a result of the type of the RB-66 that I attached to this answer and that ended 1 week ago, greetings !!

spacer.png

• Like 5

Having the same Academy kit in my stash, I am truly inspired by your awesome build!

I hesitate to imagine how huge Monogram's 1/48 version must be!  Happy to stick with 1/72 on this one.

You've done a beautiful job, Congratulations.

👍👍

• Like 1

On 08/06/2020 at 23:02, kapam said:

Having the same Academy kit in my stash, I am truly inspired by your awesome build!

I hesitate to imagine how huge Monogram's 1/48 version must be!  Happy to stick with 1/72 on this one.

You've done a beautiful job, Congratulations.

👍👍

I have 48 in my hangar ..... it's tremendous ..... Monogram......🤭

spacer.png

Coterraneo

Welcome aboard, outstanding paint job, metallic finishes are not easy to do properly.

Yours is a first class one, one of this days im gonna get myself to build the 1/48 Monogram that as been collecting dust on my stash.

Saludos

• Like 1