This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Homebee

1/72 - Sukhoi Su-22M4 "Fitter-K" by Kovozávody Prostějov / KP (plastic Bílek) - box art+sprues+schemes - release July 2020

Posted (edited)

Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) is to release in late June 2020 two new boxing from the 26th years old (1994!) Bílek (link) 1/72nd Sukhoi Su-22M4 "Fitter-K" kit. I suppose the two-seat Su-17/-22UM-3K "Fitter-G" kit should follow. Time will tell.

Source: http://www.modelarovo.cz/suchoj-su-22m4-1-72-kovozavody-prostejov/

- ref. KPM72196  - Sukhoi Su-22M4 "Fitter-K" Czech AF

Su-22-Czech-fondo-28a-900-upr-M.jpg

- ref. KPM72197 - Sukhoi Su-22M4 "Fitter-K" Polish AF

Su-22-Polish-fondo-upr-M.jpg

Sprues

100-0093-scaled.jpg

100-0092-1-scaled.jpg

100-0090-scaled.jpg

100-0091-scaled.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg&key=454549e46694cda5ab5f

Edited by Homebee

Hi there 

I was looking and it look very similar to those boxed under Mastercraft/Mistercraft only appreciable difference is the fixup on the external fuel wings tanks

Best day

Armando

10 hours ago, RAGATIGER said:

I was looking and it look very similar to those boxed under Mastercraft/Mistercraft only appreciable difference is the fixup on the external fuel wings tanks

No, Armando - this isn't a case. For last 26 years the Bilek kit has been available only under Bilek and Italeri labels.

The Mastercraft one is the rebox of much more crude Pantera kit (also from 1994), that has been boxed i.a. by Eastern Express, Plastyk, Smer and Akkura.

I had both and only the Bilek one was worth bothering with. But then the Modelsvit one apperaed...

Cheers

Michael

Posted (edited)

If they didn't redo the transparencies, I'll wait for the Modelsvit. The Pavla vacuform only partially addresses the issue.

Edited by Laurent

Hmm, if the images are really from the KP kit, they are including the clear parts from the twin seater kit. The Bilek single seater canopy is pretty bad but this one would be both wrong and bad. A mistake with the pictures likely.

Currently trying to make this kit presentable. It is the Bilek kit. It's OK but the wings don't fit against the fuselage without a lot of filling. The wing root stub is two millimetres too small all round which leaves a huge gap. There's a pavla resin cockpit which is good & has a better canopy & the undercarriage is very simplistic. Better off getting the Modelsvit kit, but I'm persevering with this. 

10 hours ago, KRK4m said:

No, Armando - this isn't a case. For last 26 years the Bilek kit has been available only under Bilek and Italeri labels.

The Mastercraft one is the rebox of much more crude Pantera kit (also from 1994), that has been boxed i.a. by Eastern Express, Plastyk, Smer and Akkura.

I had both and only the Bilek one was worth bothering with. But then the Modelsvit one apperaed...

Cheers

Michael

Hi Michael

Well one thing that the Mastercraft kits included on the instructions manuals was a Leyend calling the modellers for a stencil decal sheet and I did and they send me thoe decals but never was able to know how to put them because they forgot to send me some instructions, only by fat chance do ou have those instructions????

Cheers

Armando

Which variant of stencil placement do you need? The Su-17/Su-20 or Su-17M/Su-22 ?

Cheers

Michael

On 6/5/2020 at 2:29 PM, KRK4m said:

Which variant of stencil placement do you need? The Su-17/Su-20 or Su-17M/Su-22 ?

Cheers

Michael

Su-17/Su-20