1/72 - Sukhoi Su-22M4 "Fitter-K" by Kovozávody Prostějov / KP (plastic Bílek) - released

Homebee

Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) is to release in late June 2020 two new boxing from the 26th years old (1994!) Bílek (link) 1/72nd Sukhoi Su-22M4 "Fitter-K" kit. The two-seat Su-17/-22UM-3K "Fitter-G" kit will follow (link).

Source: http://www.modelarovo.cz/suchoj-su-22m4-1-72-kovozavody-prostejov/

- ref. KPM72196  - Sukhoi Su-22M4 "Fitter-K" Czech AF

Su-22-Czech-fondo-28a-900-upr-M.jpg

- ref. KPM72197 - Sukhoi Su-22M4 "Fitter-K" Polish AF

Su-22-Polish-fondo-upr-M.jpg

Sprues

100-0093-scaled.jpg

100-0092-1-scaled.jpg

100-0090-scaled.jpg

100-0091-scaled.jpg

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

Hi there 

I was looking and it look very similar to those boxed under Mastercraft/Mistercraft only appreciable difference is the fixup on the external fuel wings tanks

Best day

Armando

10 hours ago, RAGATIGER said:

I was looking and it look very similar to those boxed under Mastercraft/Mistercraft only appreciable difference is the fixup on the external fuel wings tanks

No, Armando - this isn't a case. For last 26 years the Bilek kit has been available only under Bilek and Italeri labels.

The Mastercraft one is the rebox of much more crude Pantera kit (also from 1994), that has been boxed i.a. by Eastern Express, Plastyk, Smer and Akkura.

I had both and only the Bilek one was worth bothering with. But then the Modelsvit one apperaed...

Cheers

Michael

Hmm, if the images are really from the KP kit, they are including the clear parts from the twin seater kit. The Bilek single seater canopy is pretty bad but this one would be both wrong and bad. A mistake with the pictures likely.

Currently trying to make this kit presentable. It is the Bilek kit. It's OK but the wings don't fit against the fuselage without a lot of filling. The wing root stub is two millimetres too small all round which leaves a huge gap. There's a pavla resin cockpit which is good & has a better canopy & the undercarriage is very simplistic. Better off getting the Modelsvit kit, but I'm persevering with this. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KRK4m said:

No, Armando - this isn't a case. For last 26 years the Bilek kit has been available only under Bilek and Italeri labels.

The Mastercraft one is the rebox of much more crude Pantera kit (also from 1994), that has been boxed i.a. by Eastern Express, Plastyk, Smer and Akkura.

I had both and only the Bilek one was worth bothering with. But then the Modelsvit one apperaed...

Cheers

Michael

Hi Michael

Well one thing that the Mastercraft kits included on the instructions manuals was a Leyend calling the modellers for a stencil decal sheet and I did and they send me thoe decals but never was able to know how to put them because they forgot to send me some instructions, only by fat chance do ou have those instructions????

Cheers

Armando

On 6/5/2020 at 2:29 PM, KRK4m said:

Which variant of stencil placement do you need? The Su-17/Su-20 or Su-17M/Su-22 ?

Cheers

Michael

Su-17/Su-20

• 4 weeks later...

Released

- ref. KPM72196  - Sukhoi Su-22M4 "Fitter-K" Czech AF  - https://eshop.kovozavody.cz/10451,en_su-22m4-warsaw-pact.html

- ref. KPM72197 - Sukhoi Su-22M4 "Fitter-K" Polish AF - https://eshop.kovozavody.cz/10452,en_su-22m4-international.html

German in box review - ref. KPM72196  - Sukhoi Su-22M4 "Fitter-K" Czech AF

http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/FirstLook/KoPro/KP_Suchoi_Su-22M4_Warsaw_Pact/KPM0196_Suchoi_Su-22M4_Warsaw_Pact.html

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

On 6/4/2020 at 5:44 PM, Laurent said:

If they didn't redo the transparencies, I'll wait for the Modelsvit. The Pavla vacuform only partially addresses the issue.

agreed.

• 3 months later...

Hi there

Well after this thread, I was looking for some Bilek kits so I order one from a modeller in Rep Republic in October 2020 and due the Covid and Burrocratic (Spanish wordplay that means something like donkeycratic issues) arrived this week but to my surprise not one but 2 Su-22M3 with lots of extra stuff even a couple of photoetched set for Su-22M4 and at the bottom of my stash found a very old Pavla set for the trainer version of the Su-22, now I'm looking for the vacum canopies

Both kits inside this box

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/bilek-950-sukhoi-su-17-fitter-g--158559

Cheers

Armando