Another lockdown modeller

Katfood

Hello all, I've come back to modelling after a break of many years (too many :) ) I've decided that my focus will be on ww2 fighters in 1/48 scale. So far I've built 4 and scrapped one (Revell Bf109f,  it just didn't fit together) I'm not sure if any are good enough to appear on the finished builds page but with a bit more practice you never know :)

• Like 5

:welcome: aboard - don't worry about being "good enough", just enjoy yourself and if you're interested in getting better, ask for some pointers :)

1 minute ago, Katfood said:

I'm not sure if any are good enough to appear on the finished builds page

there is no 'good enough' required.

Being rude or condescending is absolutely not the done thing here, anything posted will taken for what it is,  members may make polite and helpful suggestions as to way round problems or to detail glitches.

It's really worth doing, just to see your work in a common context, you might be surprised how it looks when posted up with everyone else builds, and some positive comments and likes are always pleasant. 

7 minutes ago, Katfood said:

Revell Bf109f,  it just didn't fit together

what kit?  The Revell kit IIRC is the ICM kit reboxed.  

This is where a Work In Progress thread is good, as i'm building this, and having this problem can get hints and tips, or links to other builds.

Also worth joining a Group Build, as there is a quite a community, see what others are up too and getting encouragement and support as well.

HTH

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Katfood said:

I've decided that my focus will be on ww2 fighters in 1/48 scale.

re group builds

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/106-current-group-builds/

several that would fit the bill,  Spitfire/seafire,  Corsair,  journeys end (VE to VJ day) and kit you built as a kid,  if you did 1/48th back then.  Great way to get to know folk, and if you are locked down, you soon get to know 'the regulars' 

have a browse and you get the idea.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Katfood said:

I'm not sure if any are good enough to appear on the finished builds page but with a bit more practice you never know :)

Hello KF... :post1: from the broken city of Chicago USA. Please by all means display them, never build to what you think we want to see. Only build for yourself, as long as you're happy and can still enjoy it a month or a year from now you're good. If you build to what you think someone else expects, you will only ever find frustration and unhappiness that way. If you feel you need to improve your builds try one new technique out on each build or you may begin to get frustrated as well. You’d be surprised at how quickly you pick up stuff. Please don't hesitate to ask for help everyone here is quite ready to help and offer tips. 

Dennis

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Katfood said:

Hello all, I've come back to modelling after a break of many years (too many :) ) I've decided that my focus will be on ww2 fighters in 1/48 scale. So far I've built 4 and scrapped one (Revell Bf109f,  it just didn't fit together) I'm not sure if any are good enough to appear on the finished builds page but with a bit more practice you never know :)

:welcome:

It's all about your enjoyment and satisfaction and fulfilment, and that's all that matters, we all learn each time we make another model.

• Like 1

Welcome to the site Katfood. Don't worry about quality. I don't.

1 hour ago, Katfood said:

once I've figured out photo hosting

I'm not sure if you've seen this:

1 minute ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Says the man building a land battleship from WW1. 

Yes, but is it the best WWI land battleship?  :fraidnot:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Welcome aboard.  What Troy said is absolutely correct.  They are a friendly bunch on here and amazing free with time, encouragement, advice and help generally.  Its a great atmosphere and you will be helped and encouraged all the way.  So relax and join in the fun

John

On 6/3/2020 at 5:47 PM, Katfood said:

So far I've built 4 and scrapped one (Revell Bf109f,  it just didn't fit together) 

.. it doesn't. It's a bloomin' tricky one that's for sure....just managed to finish one recently but it could so nearly have gone in the bin more than once..