Miniart T-55A Early Mod. 1965 - 37016 Full Interior

1 hour ago, Model Mate said:

Superb work - it's a real inspiration as I've currently got miniart's interior Lee on the bench. I love your removable and hinged panels to show at least some of that amazing interior. Beautifully done.

Thanks for your comments and for looking in, on a model like this it's a shame to hide the details as there are so much to show, so that was always the plan. I hope that you do a WIP for that Lee, it's one on my list of kits to do so would love to get a heads up on that one.

thanks again

Ed

I'm on a sabbatical in the land of flying things at the moment with a P-38, and I've quite a bit of the Lee done already (lovely kit), but I'll hopefully pick up with a WIP when I return to the land of mud and rivets. In the meantime, I've found this WIP REALLY useful...

https://www.track-link.com/forums/site_blogs/40239/flat

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Model Mate said:

I'm on a sabbatical in the land of flying things at the moment with a P-38, and I've quite a bit of the Lee done already (lovely kit), but I'll hopefully pick up with a WIP when I return to the land of mud and rivets. In the meantime, I've found this WIP REALLY useful...

https://www.track-link.com/forums/site_blogs/40239/flat

Thats great, thanks for that, it’s always good to get a heads up on things, i love his jig for the track links!!! It does look like an amazing kit. One for later definitely 

all the best 

Ed

Outstanding,  just outstanding!

Really looks the mutts whatsits, the paintfinish and patina is excellent and the removable panels are a great way to show off all your hard work inside, marvellous!

And 35mm film, that must be a rarity these days....the number of rolls of that stuff I've gone through only to produce a handful of decent pics. This would have been a far  better use for it!

Great work, looking forward to your next one.

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Outstanding,  just outstanding!

Really looks the mutts whatsits, the paintfinish and patina is excellent and the removable panels are a great way to show off all your hard work inside, marvellous!

And 35mm film, that must be a rarity these days....the number of rolls of that stuff I've gone through only to produce a handful of decent pics. This would have been a far  better use for it!

Great work, looking forward to your next one.

Darryl 

Thanks Darryl really appreciate you looking in and commenting these past few months, cheers mate. I had some old photo's from years back developed by Truprint  so was able to use the negatives. Things you keep eh...

all the best

Ed

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 30/11/2020 at 21:37, Kev The Modeller said:

Wow,  fantastic build, the turret top mod is a master stroke., absolutely stunning work :worthy::clap:   

I second this, the paint job is beautiful :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

On 18/01/2021 at 22:21, edjbartos said:

Many thanks, much appreciated, thanks for looking in and commenting..

Ed

Hello Ed

Great build and paint  😮👍

This tank is really an icon of the cold war and as a model a must have.

I bought the Takom T 54 B years ago and your post is a good reason to continue building it.

Have fun!

MD

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/11/2020 at 12:24 PM, edjbartos said:

Hi there folks, finally I have completed the Miniart T-55A, it’s taken a while but I’m quite pleased with the result, some pictures here showing views around the model:

y4msYrgE2gTTHcBYdVgV-jGCe9lNm0_tesYaNWguy4mOuUf-btw36uZQq1yoniPqIJ0GYDLochMTZZw1y4m6NiNv_lqjW5UJDYbgIa19BQAh7y2q904sRtHvy4ml959eV_bINdvFmgo4ElfJfR6PiLstHqwmYAUmy4mMK7bU1PtOmMnhMQday9K3jILlHSN_CiVEzRKky4mHRzc8ZBo9X6sL7vd003_ZFoPIHdxE-NSOqrK5y4mWIGvi9N6Qg-mOx69ZJQr-Ur5Z7PmxWMXBjGG6y4mbJV77c54lm6HSHs_Sq4Iqz2AtIFwz7xmX1bVfy4mJQUCf4h8g6LFFL5MMhK1KpObbkWYzncyf0WXey4mrNAu5AbepmLYrgCjmbYAhHYY_4OSaE5hWV6dI

The whole intention of this build was to show off as much as possible of the interior, otherwise what’s the point. To that end regarding the engine I have done it so that I can have the hatches open or with a little mod I can have the engine cover opened up to give a better view of the engine...

y4mqo2ZQJAs8nbTqspicPGYZQ1h9vCegnOtAx0SOy4mcCMnb8vMRlXJqMjkIWMLceUoHCZh2kw57ZaIm

A little mod allows the turret top to be taken off to expose the inside,

y4mU6HZvjpZelNTkwitKu76g03kR93__SPyAoINTy4mBAqibngj28MnzsVVkFU5-vvSmerQraArYRxpny4mciv1s2_q_pZVcjsuxwgolfxQ-SOx8H6dk48m7

and you can see through the bottom end of the turret to view inside also...

y4mzQ-SUvzU3mKnEMQJRvM3vQOyXjz-N-BnQNr_3y4mV2MbPXB5K1aGdN09w43rSlUPRjpTlpFhlwZ3n

Views showing the inside of the tank body:

y4mEE5c-9AY-yi4KdcWYjmDF1yax56jUq3PRvZWJy4moK0TFZ0T5qAQKWc_F02MstapaF0NDaAiOzQ_Cy4mBlxc0At3jPUXWtZKK0tYwyphV9YLJ9e5KeVbZy4mKt8sRkC8OYjzRMMqIVKszmHgQFtvwehwEl6p_

For the search lights on the turret I used the end of some old 35mm colour negative film and used the plastic part as a template, the colour looks very similar to the real thing.

y4mZXjau3VJ1WrYi9kEVjw34W9CV_hOcLMKRpv9L

Some final views of the tank taken at a lower angle:..

y4meRqwS7qZhke0QR4H6g0VBeVdGXP_nM6Fj22Jry4mqYEMVVnoCNqeNp5-QA9N7yAQ8uv-q-DGLRfiCy4mV2ql1hKi7eCgR5P95zhh533tZTy68oud0U6xey4mZlxGF4UR5QnFEFhPXhRmcig-fK3F-hO9f6wJCy4m6c1uesremU75pDC6ODVkigwrSYX-9z5WFhG5p

That’s it, finally done, it’s taken some time but I have thoroughly enjoyed it, so much so that I’ve now got a Miniart T-60 Gorky interior to build, must be mad!

Once again thanks again for looking in and to all of you who have kindly made comments, really appreciated it….

All the best

Ed

I keep going back and running through this thread every time I think about building a Miniart T-54/55.  I’m very close to caving and breaking one open, although I might start off with a non-interior one first…

Fantastic work!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 1 year later...

This is one one of the best tank builds I've seen to date. Mine has not moved on at all in the last 3 years, had a few issues and could not bring myself back to continue. This should be the benchmark of this era of build.

• Thanks 1

Outstanding work, detailing, paint and weathering!  That's one fine finished kit you can be proud of. 👏 

Keith 😁 

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much folks, It's really nice to see a tank that I finished well over two and a half years ago come up again. It was my first tank to put onto BM and indeed my first interior build and I have to say it's one of my favourite type of tank the T54/55/Tiran family. If you ever get the chance to do a Miniart version, go for it, It's an amazing model to build.

many thanks for your kind comments

Ed

• Like 1

Hi Ed,

Wow!, impressive aspect achieved, full of details, I would really like to see it finished. I have a couple of Miniart kits with interior in my stash, and I never dare to start them...

Cheers

Francis,👍