Miniart T-55A Early Mod. 1965 - 37016 Full Interior

5 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

That does look good Ed even before the weathering. I must say that I have a real liking for the 54/55/62 family, especially when it came under new ownership!

John.

I have to agree with you John, i just love the shape of this tank, it's like the Su-33 jet it just oozes class.

thanks for your comments and looking in

all the best

Ed

Edited by edjbartos
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there folks, finally I have completed the Miniart T-55A, it’s taken a while but I’m quite pleased with the result, some pictures here showing views around the model:

y4msYrgE2gTTHcBYdVgV-jGCe9lNm0_tesYaNWguy4mOuUf-btw36uZQq1yoniPqIJ0GYDLochMTZZw1y4m6NiNv_lqjW5UJDYbgIa19BQAh7y2q904sRtHvy4ml959eV_bINdvFmgo4ElfJfR6PiLstHqwmYAUmy4mMK7bU1PtOmMnhMQday9K3jILlHSN_CiVEzRKky4mHRzc8ZBo9X6sL7vd003_ZFoPIHdxE-NSOqrK5y4mWIGvi9N6Qg-mOx69ZJQr-Ur5Z7PmxWMXBjGG6y4mbJV77c54lm6HSHs_Sq4Iqz2AtIFwz7xmX1bVfy4mJQUCf4h8g6LFFL5MMhK1KpObbkWYzncyf0WXey4mrNAu5AbepmLYrgCjmbYAhHYY_4OSaE5hWV6dI

The whole intention of this build was to show off as much as possible of the interior, otherwise what’s the point. To that end regarding the engine I have done it so that I can have the hatches open or with a little mod I can have the engine cover opened up to give a better view of the engine...

y4mqo2ZQJAs8nbTqspicPGYZQ1h9vCegnOtAx0SOy4mcCMnb8vMRlXJqMjkIWMLceUoHCZh2kw57ZaIm

A little mod allows the turret top to be taken off to expose the inside,

y4mU6HZvjpZelNTkwitKu76g03kR93__SPyAoINTy4mBAqibngj28MnzsVVkFU5-vvSmerQraArYRxpny4mciv1s2_q_pZVcjsuxwgolfxQ-SOx8H6dk48m7

and you can see through the bottom end of the turret to view inside also...

y4mzQ-SUvzU3mKnEMQJRvM3vQOyXjz-N-BnQNr_3y4mV2MbPXB5K1aGdN09w43rSlUPRjpTlpFhlwZ3n

Views showing the inside of the tank body:

y4mEE5c-9AY-yi4KdcWYjmDF1yax56jUq3PRvZWJy4moK0TFZ0T5qAQKWc_F02MstapaF0NDaAiOzQ_Cy4mBlxc0At3jPUXWtZKK0tYwyphV9YLJ9e5KeVbZy4mKt8sRkC8OYjzRMMqIVKszmHgQFtvwehwEl6p_

For the search lights on the turret I used the end of some old 35mm colour negative film and used the plastic part as a template, the colour looks very similar to the real thing.

y4mZXjau3VJ1WrYi9kEVjw34W9CV_hOcLMKRpv9L

Some final views of the tank taken at a lower angle:..

y4meRqwS7qZhke0QR4H6g0VBeVdGXP_nM6Fj22Jry4mqYEMVVnoCNqeNp5-QA9N7yAQ8uv-q-DGLRfiCy4mV2ql1hKi7eCgR5P95zhh533tZTy68oud0U6xey4mZlxGF4UR5QnFEFhPXhRmcig-fK3F-hO9f6wJCy4m6c1uesremU75pDC6ODVkigwrSYX-9z5WFhG5p

That’s it, finally done, it’s taken some time but I have thoroughly enjoyed it, so much so that I’ve now got a Miniart T-60 Gorky interior to build, must be mad!

Once again thanks again for looking in and to all of you who have kindly made comments, really appreciated it….

All the best

Ed

• Like 20

Ed that is stunning my friend, WOW every part of the build is perfect imo . Simply brilliant, so good infact i keep going back for another look a sure sign you've created a masterpiece. You should be extremely proud of your work Ed a different level imo 👏🙂👍

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Ed that is stunning my friend, WOW every part of the build is perfect imo . Simply brilliant, so good infact i keep going back for another look a sure sign you've created a masterpiece. You should be extremely proud of your work Ed a different level imo 👏🙂👍

Thanks Andy mate, really appreciate that, it took a while to build but have loved every minute of it, it's the first interior build that i have done, i've got the bug now so will start on another soon...

cheers mate

Ed

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, edjbartos said:

Thanks Andy mate, really appreciate that, it took a while to build but have loved every minute of it, it's the first interior build that i have done, i've got the bug now so will start on another soon...

cheers mate

Ed

Don't leave it to long Ed I'm ready for another lesson 🙂👍

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Don't leave it to long Ed I'm ready for another lesson 🙂👍

Thanks Andy, I'm going to leave it for a week or so as the wife made a comment that i'm obsessed with the model!!!  can't think why 😀

Ed

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, edjbartos said:

Thanks Andy, I'm going to leave it for a week or so as the wife made a comment that i'm obsessed with the model!!!  can't think why 😀

Ed

Okay I'll give you 7 days from now and im counting 😉👍

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Andy350 said:

That is without doubt one of if not the best tank builds I've ever seen. Puts my effort to shame. 

You should be very proud if that. 

Cheers Andy really appreciate that, thanks for looking in these past few months...

Ed

1 hour ago, Dads203 said:

That's a bit special Ed, Nice work on the project fella, lovely weathering :thumbsup:

Many thanks, really appreciate your comments

Ed

1 hour ago, MikeR said:

Excellent!

Mike.

Many thanks Mike, appreciate it, thanks for looking in...

Ed

Just one question Ed. If you are thinking of taking that to Telford next year, what class will you be entering it in. I'm asking as I'll avoid entering anything in it, as that has got gold medal written all over it. One of the best tank models that I have seen. Absolutely bang on.

John.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Courageous said:

Definitely gets a WOW from me.

Stuart

Thanks Stuart, really appreciate it

Ed

1 hour ago, vaoinas said:

That looks fantastic, mate.

Details and finish are spot on.

Thanks Vaoinas for your kind comments...

Ed

11 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Just one question Ed. If you are thinking of taking that to Telford next year, what class will you be entering it in. I'm asking as I'll avoid entering anything in it, as that has got gold medal written all over it. One of the best tank models that I have seen. Absolutely bang on.

John.

Thank you so much John, means a lot. No plans to show this, i just do it for the pleasure of cutting my fingers to pieces...

cheers mate

Ed

• Like 2