Miniart T-55A Early Mod. 1965 - 37016 Full Interior

It looks better and better... :goodjob: If I can suggest something, paint the edges of the mantlet cover fabric with a lighter color and then apply a heavily diluted wash there.  It will look more 3D ;) Or if you prefer a more delicate effect just apply wash only.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tom W. said:

It looks better and better... :goodjob: If I can suggest something, paint the edges of the mantlet cover fabric with a lighter color and then apply a heavily diluted wash there.  It will look more 3D ;) Or if you prefer a more delicate effect just apply wash only.

Thanks Tom, i've just painted the base coat for the mantlet cover, i wasn't sure what to do regarding the shadows so i'll try your suggestion, thanks for that.

Ed

59 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

That does look good Ed. Nice work with the decal/flag. You wouldn't know that there'd been a problem.

John.

Thanks for looking in John, yeah it's strange why they broke up as they did, luckily it was in the right places

Ed

• Like 1

I've finally got to the stage where i could put on the wheels and tracks, finally the model starts to look like a T-55. I really do not like the way Miniart fix the wheels to the body. You are left with a tiny location pin to marry up with the wheel hub and then you have a flat face to glue. Much better would have been as in other manufacturers where you have a hole in the wheel and a pin on the hub so the wheel is nice and secure.

The right hand track went on fine but the left started to crumble away upon fitting so had to do a little repair job.

I have now done a pin wash to the main body and varnished everything, now i'm ready to start the weathering process by adding chips, scratches, rust, stains, streaks etc. The wheels i've just done a light wash and will do more work on them later on.  Here are some photo's

y4mzvP1EEBmFrY9FLKvrqvAzXqyUgIIqeWO2dayRy4m8E66S_7FC04c4eHfX4cJ6M-p6-EfYhr_w2sCzy4mS1vJTmiL0UbQAemPxV8TaO6E63Yp1s3uP6Scyy4m_FY8GZODeK6oGoI9-tOWSAWzvzyDNm0ND70IY

y4mNL2LCD1sSkLs4s-kTcpoN7uUqcOodFiz8BhdR

I've just lightly done the tracks for this model, i have always overdone them in the past so had to exercise a little restraint as i still wanted the detail to come through.

That's all for now, hopefully the next update will be the finished model!!

thanks for looking

Ed

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ernst said:

The preshade worked very well. When I compare the october 14 post with todays, the colours come across as more vibrant, like it's all coming together. Excellent, lovely model,

Cheers,

Ernst.

Thanks Ernst, yes this has been the first time that i have tried the preshade on a tank and i think its worked really well. Will do again in the future, it's just a really nice way to paint the model. I'm glad now that i painted the model in a lighter colour for the base coat as all the other work such as filters and pin washes that i have done has gradually darkened and made the colours richer.

I appreciate you looking in and for your comments

all the best

Ed 

• Like 1

super finish... just seen your comment on the wheels.... better look at mine when I start it (probably mid 2021 I think, have a few other builds lined up for the start of the year)

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, robw_uk said:

super finish... just seen your comment on the wheels.... better look at mine when I start it (probably mid 2021 I think, have a few other builds lined up for the start of the year)

Thanks Rob, on my next one i might consider drilling a hole in the hub and cementing some rod then drill a hole in the wheel in order to locate better, we'll see.

thanks for looking in Rob

Ed

Painted!

Must say the paintwork is on par with the interior build......outstanding. 

Superb tonal variations and light weathering so far. The shroud over the mantle is excellent btw.

Great work

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Painted!

Must say the paintwork is on par with the interior build......outstanding. 

Superb tonal variations and light weathering so far. The shroud over the mantle is excellent btw.

Great work

Thanks Darryl, it's taken a while to get to this stage, so i'm just going to take my time now and finish slowly, hopefully i won't ruin it....

thanks for looking in

Ed

• Like 2

Wow stunning result so far 👏 👌. Just ran through your thread and jeez this is spectacular work, honestly well impressed mate 🙂. Following along till the finish now keep up the good work 👍 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Wow stunning result so far 👏 👌. Just ran through your thread and jeez this is spectacular work, honestly well impressed mate 🙂. Following along till the finish now keep up the good work 👍 

Thanks Andy for your kind comments, really appreciate it mate. It's seems like an age since i started this, not sure how it was going to turn out , but i'm pleased with the result so far.  Still quite a lot of painting to do, so will just take my time, i'm not overly confident with the chipping so will do a few practice runs on spare parts, hopefully should be ok.

all the best

Ed

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, edjbartos said:

Thanks Andy for your kind comments, really appreciate it mate. It's seems like an age since i started this, not sure how it was going to turn out , but i'm pleased with the result so far.  Still quite a lot of painting to do, so will just take my time, i'm not overly confident with the chipping so will do a few practice runs on spare parts, hopefully should be ok.

all the best

Ed

Sounds like a plan Ed I'm sure you'll pull it off no problem 🙂👍

• Like 1