Lockheed Hudson bomb bay pictures needed

AltcarBoB

I have a MPM Hudson mkI kit at the top of the stash, examining the kit and there's no option to model the bomb bay open. I would like to modify the kit to have the doors open but I can't find any pictures of the Hudson bomb bay interior. 

Any pictures or links much appreciated.

Typical as soon as I post this I found three photos of the Hudson bomb bay 🙄. Neither shows the whole bay but I can get an impression of what it looks like. 

Still looking for more photos so post away if you have anything.

Carl Vincent sent this to me, to post here.

49966913793_220245475e_b.jpg

Hudson III of 113 (BR) Squadron, RCAF, at the time of the Battle of the St. Lawrence.

From the IWM:

large_CH_000978_1.jpg?_ga=2.88439707.189

large_CH_000066_1.jpg?_ga=2.9418933.1894

large_000000.jpg?_ga=2.217880342.1894514

large_000000.jpg?_ga=2.114201863.1894514

Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The bottom photo caught my eye because something didn't look right about the two men on the step ladders. At first I thought oh they're naval ratings but I looked again and those aren't Royal Navy caps they look German. Obviously they aren't German naval ratings but possibly Norwegian or Netherlands naval ratings. 

No markings visible I will have to look and see if Hudson's were used by the Dutch or Norwegian navy. It would be a nice model to do in one of the free squadrons colours.

The orange triangle marking on the nose denotes 320 Squadron.  Also displayed on their earlier Ansons and later Mitchells.

Edited by RJP

The caption for that bottom photo:

Royal Dutch Naval Air Service and RAF engine mechanics working on the Pratt & Whitney Twin Wasp engine of a Lockheed Hudson Mark Vof No. 320 (Dutch) Squadron RAF at Bircham Newton, Norfolk.

Chris

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RJP said:

The orange triangle marking on the nose denotes 320 Squadron.  Also displayed on their earlier Ansons and later Mitchells.

I didn't take any notice of the triangle on the nose I just thought it was the ejector seat warning triangle 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1