1/35 Tiger I Ausf. DAK

Below are a few pictures of my 1/35 Tiger I Ausf DAK. The model was made from Tamiya #35227 kit some years ago, but received a small gallery recently.
For construction I have used dedicated Aber PE set and a barrel plus resin workable tracks. The model is painted with Tamiya acrylics.
Thanks for looking.

Tig-IDAK-Tam-35-2.jpg

Tig-IDAK-Tam-35-4.jpg

Tig-IDAK-Tam-35-7.jpg

Tig-IDAK-Tam-35-10.jpg

Tig-IDAK-Tam-35-11.jpg

Tig-IDAK-Tam-35-13.jpg

Tig-IDAK-Tam-35-15.jpg

Tig-IDAK-Tam-35-19.jpg

Edited by Witman61
Changed description after remarks of viewers
  • Like 28

That's a very neat and tidy build and some fantastic subtle weathering. The tracks look superb. How do they compare with Friuls for price?

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

That's a good looking Tiger - very impressive build! I like the clean presentation (no mud this time!).

A small note regarding DAK. Strictly speaking the DAK included only the 15. and 21. PzDiv which never used Tigers. The organisation that finished the Africa campaign was called 'Heeresgruppe Afrika' and was made up of the DAK and other divisions. The Tigers belonged to the sPzAbt. 501 which was an independent unit under Heeresgruppe Afrika.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Toryu said:

That's a good looking Tiger - very impressive build! I like the clean presentation (no mud this time!).

A small note regarding DAK. Strictly speaking the DAK included only the 15. and 21. PzDiv which never used Tigers. The organisation that finished the Africa campaign was called 'Heeresgruppe Afrika' and was made up of the DAK and other divisions. The Tigers belonged to the sPzAbt. 501 which was an independent unit under Heeresgruppe Afrika.

Thank you for this comment. I should have been more careful with this inscription.
The inscription on the box says "Ausfuhrung Afrika" and perhaps I should have stayed with this.
I'll see if I can change pictures here to the ones with correct name.

10 hours ago, Redcoat2966 said:

That's  a beauty I have to say......I must put mine on base's....does make a difference. Really nice job....:yes:

I think the base makes a big difference - it gives own space to the model on model exhibitions at the same time standing it out in the crowd of other models, plus it may give a special effect in pictures - see the attached one - a picture of my Panther II model, which I am going to publish a separate gallery of soon here.

SD35-Panther-II-7a.jpg 

• Like 2

Dude that Tiger is lovely and one of my favourite subjects.....currently working on 142 of the 501st and a Pzkpfw III of the same Abteilung.....you really have done a beautiful job of the weathering too.:goodjob:

14 hours ago, Toryu said:

Lovely build and I was going to say the same thing that tigers didn’t ‘belong’ to the DAK, they worked with them. Also 504 had tigers in afrika with 501. 

Tony

One of the best Tigers I have seen. Love the very subtle weathering. May I ask how you achieved it? Also, where do you get the bases?

Thanks

Andy

Edited by Andimal
  • Like 1

On 6/4/2020 at 3:38 PM, Andimal said:

One of the best Tigers I have seen. Love the very subtle weathering. May I ask how you achieved it? Also, where do you get the bases?

Thanks

Andy

Thank you for your good words!

The model was made well before MiG - AK marketing offensive era.

The weathering was made mostly with airbrush and artistic oils and the bases came from local e-bay.

Very nice Tiger👍the camo and weathering is top notch. Imh o the 731 seems a litthe  bright and shining! Add some Tamiya buff.  Yes I love dust😁

• Like 1