Diorama - base

Work in progress .  Have decided to  paint up some Vacforms I had in the stash as photographic backgrounds  for models I'm making  

This base is from Amera and the one that comes with Airfix Battlefront  set 

• Thanks 1

Hi Tigercat,

It's always good to have a handy background for photoshoots of your models. Whenever I've made dioramas I, like most people, make them as one-off set pieces, but my latest one will be like yours, a scene which will be a setting for photographing a variety of different models which I have made and will make in the future.  With that in mind I'm trying to make my 'ruined farmhouse' to the highest standard that I can, because I don't want to look at it in a few years time and think ''that's rubbish' and have to make another one! That kind of defeats the object! 

I think your houses look good, but you might want to put some 'backs' on them just to stop the light coming through the windows.

The only other tip I can give you is if the 'ground' is vacuformed (I think that yours is) it will be a bit bendy and springy. You can stiffen it by cutting a piece of hardboard to shape and gluing it on the underside of the 'ground', Or you could stuff scrunched up newspaper  underneath and soak that with PVA.

Hope that helps.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...