This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Mike

Donations - 2020 Onwards

Okay Mike.Time to come clean. Have you got enough to buy that yacht yet?:giggle:

A bit late to the party but donation made.

Thanks for all your efforts, team.

On 6/9/2020 at 10:24 AM, nheather said:

Called ‘automatic payments’ in PayPal.

Never done myself but I do have some that have been setup by suppliers (for example my mobile phone tariff) but I beleive you can set them up yourself.

Cheers,

Nigel

Thanks and yes, I saw that but it seems to be dependent on applying for Paypal Credit and I'm not interested in that. Actually Mike's suggestion worked as I was able to set up a regular payment through the 'Donate' button on the home page.

14 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Have you got enough to buy that yacht yet?

I need a matching island, so sadly no :(

16 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Okay Mike.Time to come clean. Have you got enough to buy that yacht yet?:giggle:

heronspruce_small.jpg

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I need a matching island, so sadly no :(

you could make one to go with the yatch

Anthea-Turner-597055.jpg

and all you need to know is here...

though here's the speeded up version for those in a hurry...

14 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

Anthea-Turner-597055.jpg

It makes me feel very old that I can remember watching her doing that live.  Hell, she was one of the newbies after John Noakes, Peter Pervis and Valerie Singleton :clif:

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

It makes me feel very old that I can remember watching her doing that live.  Hell, she was one of the newbies after John Noakes, Peter Pervis and Valerie Singleton :clif:

Mere child

I can recall Christopher Trace, Leila Williams and Tony Hart :(

That means if you are :clif: I must be 👻

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

You feel old?! I grew up with the holy trinity of Noakes, Purves and Singleton.

Once again Mike, thanks to you and the mods for this site. Keeping us all sane (well, less insane) in these ‘interesting times.

Trevor

1 minute ago, JohnT said:

Mere child

I can recall Christopher Trace, Leila Williams and Tony Hart :(

That means if you are :clif: I must be 👻

Give it time :rofl: I know Tony Hart from his Take Hart and Vision On exploits, and the cravat that followed him everywhere.  Did you know the word cravat comes from the ties/neckerchiefs that the Croatian mercenaries used to wear in the 17th century France?  Croat was corrupted over the years to Cravat.  Every day's a school day! :yahoo:  

1 minute ago, Max Headroom said:

less insane

That's a pretty accurate description of most of us :drunk:

I've come late to this (the request not the site). But done. I love this place. Well worth every penny!

Just donated, only a token amount unfortunately, but every little helps. Thanks for making this excellent community, I'm a newbie but was made to feel at home straight away.

Thanks Mike it all adds up.

On 11/06/2020 at 00:53, Troy Smith said:

Anthea-Turner-597055.jpg

Now that brings back memories! Used to have an identical one (bit damaged because second hand but who cares lol)

We had a nice chap called Geoff send us a donation last night, and I can't tie him up with his account, so if he'd be a lamb and get in touch, we'll make sure he's got the Gold Bar he so richly deserves :yes:

If anyone else is still missing their Gold, please also drop me a note of your PayPal details and when you donated, so we can identify you and give you the Gold Bar :thanks:

Just transferred some money to my Paypal...  Thought it would be instant but can take a few days.  Ah well, when it’s in I’ll happily make a donation.  Will only be a few quid literally but this a is a great little site and the unfortunate truth is that there aren’t many on the internet these days no matter what the topic.

Will drop a note when it’s done.