This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Mike

Donations - 2020 Onwards

Hello folks,

Britmodeller was originally set up on a tiny server being funded by myself, and later by some of the Moderator team to keep adverts (the bane of modern internet) and other such insidious distractions from ruining the look and feel of the place.  For a couple of years now we’ve been relying on the generous donations of our membership to keep the site going, as our constant expansion has required us to fund a larger and more powerful server three or four times so far, with each one increasing the monthly spend until it’s hundreds of GBPs a month, plus additional costs of purchasing and maintaining the domain names and all the associated costs.  This is clearly a huge burden, so the net has been thrown wider to you the member.

Donate to Britmodeller

The buttons aren't working for some of you, so try https://www.britmodeller.com and click on the similar looking Donate button if you're affected.

Why should you donate to help run the site?  The first and most important one is that we couldn’t do it without these donations.  It’s just too expensive for one or a couple of people to afford.  If you value the site as a resource, a place to hang out and chat with your fellow modeller, to show off your latest builds, ask questions, spread your knowledge, and a place to see reviews of the new kits as they hit our shores, then we’d really appreciate your help.

By way of a thank you from us, we have set up some small but useful improvements to help make your experience on the site smoother and more pleasurable.  These include:

• A shiny gold name and a big swanky Gold Bar under your avatar, which as everyone knows is priceless.
  • An expanded mailbox from 100 for standard members, to 500 messages for Gold Members.  More blather before you need to delete anything.
  • Search flood control is removed (2 seconds for standard members).  No waiting around if your first search doesn’t work.
  • Posting flood control is removed (100 seconds for standard members).  More no waiting around.  We know who you are, and that you can’t be a bot, so it’s safe to remove these anti-spam restrictions.
  • You can hide your own topics and posts if you make a boo-boo, or realise you might offend someone.  It could save you from embarrassing yourself at some point, especially if you’re a type-first, think-later type of person.

It’s not a quantum leap of improvements, but it’s a token of our appreciation of your support. :yes:

We’re always looking for ways to make your experience on the site better, and we appreciate input from our members.  We’ve been doing Britmodeller for over 12 years now, but we’re not too proud to accept suggestions from our members.  You have to understand however that there are some aspects of the site that members won’t be aware of that would affect whether we’ll be able to use them.

Over the years the change in the exchange rates between the GBP and the USD have also conspired to increase costs, so we’re happy for our American (and other) members to donate in their native US dollars, which helps to iron out the ups and downs of international currency prices.  It has also nibbled away at our resources so that we’re currently funding the site hand-to-mouth, which is really not ideal.  We need your help urgently! :frantic:

We’ve also recently changed to using a Britmodeller specific PayPal account, so if you’ve donated before and want to again, do it from the links on the forum, just in case.  You can donate from the small blue PP PayPal button that you’ll see at the right of the forum header and footer.  The most flexible method is from the yellow Donate button that you can see at the top right of the boring home page at https://www.britmodeller.com, which will allow you to make regular donations, or without having a PayPal account, which although they seem ubiquitous these days, some folks still don’t have.

If you’re still undecided as to why you should donate, think about the number of hours you spend here, and how much fun, entertainment, inspiration and information you get from being here.  If you think that’s good value, why not drop us a few quid?

Donate to Britmodeller

The buttons aren't working for some of you, so try https://www.britmodeller.com and click on the similar looking Donate button if you're affected.

An asset well worth preserving. I'm in. 

Tony.

Done :) 

Great community with no squabbling and infighting like other sites.

Long may it continue :) 

Ian :) 

Done

Stay safe   Roger

Another donation made, thanks for keeping the site up and running!

Newbie member, but I have already found great joy, information and education at this fine site. Money donated!

Keep up the good work, and I sincerely hope that you guys will get enough funds to keep the site going!

Interestingly I can't give any money.  When I click on the link from 3 different devices I get a message saying "Your donation has already been completed!".  I've checked my accounts (and girlfriends just incase) and nothing has come out.  Strange... :hmmm:

Kind Regards,

Dazz

44 minutes ago, Mike said:

If you’re still undecided as to why you should donate, think about the number of hours you spend here, and how much fun, entertainment, inspiration and information you get from being here.  If you think that’s good value, why not drop us a few quid?

Donate to Britmodeller

Hello

I have done it again shortly ago, but tried to put another grain of sand today anyway, but when clicking on "Donate" it says my donation "is already completed"?

1 minute ago, Dazzio said:

Interestingly I can't give any money.  When I click on the link from 3 different devices I get a message saying "Your donation has already been completed!".  I've checked my accounts (and girlfriends just incase) and nothing has come out.  Strange... :hmmm:

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Exactly the same has just happened to me. 

Roger. 

Kind Regards,

Dazz

I have exactly the same problem.

2 minutes ago, Dazzio said:

Kind Regards,

Dazz

I'm the same? 

Does it make a difference to the amount you receive if we untick buyer protection?

1 minute ago, Roger Newsome said:

Exactly the same has just happened to me. 

Roger. 

1 minute ago, t15dja said:

I have exactly the same problem.

Just now, rockpopandchips said:

I'm the same? 

Are all you lads using Firefox?

Kind Regards,

Dazz

I got the same message but then I clicked on the PP Paypal logo just under the header. I tried that and can confirm that it will happily take your money whether you've given any before or not. 

Thanks for a fantastic site.

Regards,

Adrian

However I've just gone to the home page (britmodeller.com) and managed to donate via Paypal without any problems via the "donate" button on that page.

Happy to help!

Kind Regards,

Dazz

No, Chrome.

No, I'm using Google on my tablet. Just about to try Adrian's suggested method.

Yeap, went to main page (Britmodeller.com) and was able to do it clicking there on Donate

Just used the PP button at the bottom of the home page and it worked,

Same here. 👍

1 minute ago, t15dja said:

However I've just gone to the home page (britmodeller.com) and managed to donate via Paypal without any problems via the "donate" button on that page.

Happy to help!

No, Chrome.

No, chrome from my phone....

How weird, I thought it was Firefox.  Either way, I have done the same thing as @AdrianMF and it has gone through with no issues.

Hope the donation helps @Mike:) I never know if I have given too much or not enough in these kinda of situtations. 😕

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Been here almost from Day One Mike, so have had many years of fun, entertainment, inspiration and information, never mind hours...!! Hope for many more too, so have just sent a bit of my pension to help in a (very) small way, if I win Euromillions tonight I'll send a bit more....!!

Keith

Ditto - hope it helps keep the servers cogs and wheels well oiled