Daks over the Channel

I can't believe there's nearly a year since I went to Duxford to assist with Daks over Normady. My good friend was asked to Co-pilot N147DC whilst at Duxford so I went with him to assist in the engineering side. I managed to get one flight on her whilst there. I then had to blag a way over to Normandy to meet up with my family. Luckily the D-Day Squadron assisted. So here are some of my personal highlights from the gathering of DC-3/C-47's at Duxford plus my epic early morning flight across the English Channel courtesy of the fantastic crew of D-Day Doll and the D-Day Squadron. The cockpit shots are from my mobile phone but the rest was taken with my Nikon D300.

20190604-115626-copy.jpg

20190605-053117-copy.jpg

20190605-070126-copy.jpg

DSC-3129a-copy.jpg

DSC-3274a-copy.jpg

DSC-3318a-copy.jpg

DSC-3337a-copy.jpg

DSC-3350a-copy.jpg

DSC-3367a-copy.jpg

DSC-3388a-copy.jpg

DSC-3400a-copy.jpg

DSC-3426a-copy.jpg

DSC-3446a-copy.jpg

DSC-3453a-copy.jpg

DSC-3478a-copy.jpg

Regards,
Neil.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

There is something really rather wonderful about this aeroplane and your fantastic photos show it off at its best.  Thanks very much for posting these. Always interesting to see look at the scenery too and I recognise Lancing College by Shoreham Airport in number nine. 

A beautiful set of images from a most memorable day. The Dak looks so elegant air to air. Thanks very much for sharing.

Mark