1/48 - Junkers W.34, W.33, W.46 & K.43 by MikroMir - W.34hi released

Homebee

22 hours ago, Rui Silva said:

Wonderful idea, I'll buy at least one for sure as the Portuguese Navy bought 5 K.43s floatplanes and the Portuguese Army bought a single W.34L.

122a7d09bfa0ab540c13dd0dfb857f54.jpg

Colourised version of above for even more inspiration:

spacer.png

• Like 7

Hope they do their homework. There are multiple different wing plans, with different amounts of sweepback and fuselages with 'high' and 'low' tops. Different engines, canopies, ailerons and tail shapes......

3 hours ago, Mike Esposito said:

Didn't the Swedes use the W34 as a land plane? 

Yes
It was equipped with ordinary wheels, skis as well as pontoons.

Sweden also used the W.33 version

Edit: Ski equipped version.

spacer.png

Edited by flarpen
  • Like 6

• 7 months later...

So many versions of this plane, I'm afraid most of us will be disappointed not to get the one we need. Norway had one of these (W-34hi) before the war used as a postal plane. I would love to build that one, so fingers crossed!

On 6/4/2020 at 3:54 PM, flarpen said:

Take your pick, quite a lot out there to chose from in 1/72.

https://www.scalemates.com/topics/topic.php?id=2686

Not really: inside the many boxings are one single resin tooling from Kora and one injection tooling from MPM/Special Hobby, plus one very old (and very short run?) from even further back.  Nothing remotely current, apart from three examples of the Kora K.43 on Hannants - one example each, so be quick!.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Eivind Lunde said:

So many versions of this plane, I'm afraid most of us will be disappointed not to get the one we need. Norway had one of these (W-34hi) before the war used as a postal plane. I would love to build that one, so fingers crossed!

I think you are spot on with this thought... I already have prepared myself for the need of doing conversions. Or being satisfied with what comes from Mikro Mir (all based on the assumption they get it right of course).

• Like 1

Yep. But that said, I think my chances of getting the right version is higher than average as the W34hi was one of the major versions with almost 1000 built. I'm sure there will be some details needed altering or adding, but if your chosen subject is a wi or ha, I'm pretty sure it will be covered by the kit. :smile:

• Like 1

On 10/01/2021 at 22:17, occa said:

Yes we need all of them in 1/72 too, pretty please !!

From the comments of the first FB post here in the thread (in Russian originally):

GYMvt4Wm.jpg

- will there be 1/72 too?

- yes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1