Series 3 Landy ready for a holiday.

This is my first vehicle build, I didn’t do a W.I.P. As I wasn’t sure how I was going to approach the kit. 

The kit is the new Revell Series 3 landy.

spacer.png

I am not sure about anyone else but I have never seen a land rover with the roof top spare wheel and roof rack of the style provided in the kit.  I decided to have my first go at some sc ratch building and would make a more traditional roof rack.

spacer.pngspacer.png

I built the with my own choice of colours, I figured that there are very few combinations of paints that have been used on Land Rovers by now that whatever I chose would not be wrong.

I then built the roof rack out of square section brass rod.

spacer.png

I then decided that it looked a bit bare up top.  So after hours of scouring eBay I located a Fujimi “car and tool” series kit with some roof top accessories.

spacer.pngspacer.png

The set came with a selection of roof boxes, a mountain bike plus bike holder and some extra spot lights.  The mountain bike was a bit crude, so I added brake lines and separated the forks and seat stays as they had been moulded as one lump.  The jerry cans were also an eBay purchase and are 3D printed.  Finally I built a rear ladder so that I could get up to the roof rack 😀 out of the kit supplied roof rack.

spacer.png

• Like 23