RAAF Valiant

David Womby

No, not really but take a look at this one!   http://www.adf-gallery.com.au/gallery/Valiant-WP209/Vickers_Valiant_WP209_Photo_via_Mike_Mirkovic

I found this browsing the ADF serials website (terrific resource on RAAF aircraft).  It seems this RAF Valiant got zapped.   A model in these markings would make a good companion to the 'RNZAF' Vulcan!!

David

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That's interesting. I've not seen that pic before and didn't realise the Aussies even used the Valiant; I don't remember reading about it in 'Valiant Boys' so thanks for the pic and link :yes:

1 minute ago, Timmas said:

That's interesting. I've not seen that pic before and didn't realise the Aussies even used the Valiant; I don't remember reading about it in 'Valiant Boys' so thanks for the pic and link :yes:

Timmas

I think it’s an RAF aircraft that spent too long on an RAAF base and was visited one dark night by some Australians equipped with white and red paint and a wicked sense of humour

• Haha 3

I agree! Those crazy Aussies have a well-earned reputation for 'zapping' every aircraft they come across! If you don't want a 'roo slapped on your aircraft, you'd be well advised to post a guard while on the transient ramp! (BTW, the Kiwi's are rabid 'zappers' as well!) :giggle:

Mike

• Haha 1