"Damn the torpedo's" Airfix S.M.79.

Morning folk's,another kit for the Kit you built as a kid GB is Airfix's old Italian tri-plane the SM 79.again in the spirit of my approach to the GB brush painted as per

the Box art except for the Fasces badges stuck on the wrong cowlings(must learn to read the instructions Steve).Anyway it was a real trip down memory lane and

if you fancy a crack at one it's due for re-release in the classic's range soon but check your references as they rarely carried two Torpedo's and the cowling's should

have steel front's as per the Beaufighter and Blenheim.Many thank's for looking in.

20200601_201355

20200601_201453

After the OOB Gallery shot's I did add the Radio wiring etc.

20200602_094317

20200602_094327

20200602_094338

20200602_094354

• Like 57
  • Thanks 4

Hi Steve,

congrats on this beautiful build! Must have been fun to spotify your bird!!! 

I love it!

JR

• Like 1

Great work, Steve -

Hand painting the mottle camoflage must have tested your patience so well done there!

Regards

Dave

• Like 1

It was fifty years ago! I loved the kit when I was a child. Luckily it's long gone and I can't shock myself anymore when comparing it with your lovely work. It's nice that most kits last much longer than the real planes.

• Like 1

Very nice build, Steve, and kudos to your ability and patience in brush painting that scheme.  It came out looking great.  I think if and when I build my Italeri SM.79 kit I might try and track down some decals instead to keep my sanity.

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1

Many thank's folk's glad It's struck a chord with a lot of folk's that remember it as a kid,as if one wasn't enough another build up soon is Revell's Kawasaki

Hien so more polkadot's!

• Like 1

Tip for the Hien: shorten the undercarriage legs for a vast improvement.

The Airfix S.79 was perhaps the first of Airfix's large bombers which I didn't buy as a kid, but did get one to convert it to a Romanian B or JR using Jumos from a Matchbox He.111 which was going to donate outer wings to an Italeri Zwilling to make two decent Heinkels.  never happened, and I have the Azur S.79JR so just might stick the Airfix kit together for fun.  One day, not soon now.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

Tip for the Hien: shorten the undercarriage legs for a vast improvement.

Thank's Graham I'll do that.

Hi Steve. I hope you and yours are keeping well. Well that's a stunning looking aircraft and great brushed paintwork! Awesome modelling! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

One of my favourite kits from the 70's, I'm pretty sure I still have a built one from that time in a box somewhere up in the attic.

That paint scheme must have driven you mad Steve, but was well worth itm she looks great and brings back floods of good memories.

Cheers

John

• Like 1