Hi all,

I built this little vignette early in May as a break from the Necromunda tiles, and got around to painting it last week.

49961733463_853f33b026_b.jpg

It's from Games Workshop's 40K universe, using parts from the newly-released Adeptus Titanicus industrial terrain. This is a really useful set as it's full of small scale things like containers, barrels and cranes which help establish the scale as many of them are scaled down from 40K. I mixed it with a ruined statue intended to be used for 40K to get a little vignette which hopefully evokes the tired gothic splendour of the Imperium. The bronze is a gradient of Alclad colours (jet exhaust, exhaust manifold, copper, pale gold) plus Citadel for the verdigris (mainly Nihilakh Oxide, Agrax Earthshade and Creed Camo IIRC). Other colours are mostly Tamiya (base coats) and Citadel (ground & weathering).

49962520337_c1924d027a_b.jpg
49961733733_65f3c09f9d_b.jpg

It's built on a scrap of 1mm styrene sheet, with some torn up cork and texture paint plus cut up GW sprues for the rubble. I added a few random lengths of wire for rebar and made the antenna thing from an left over mining laser from yet another GW kit.

I attempted to match the scenery to the bases of the knights I built last year, which I think came out pretty well considering that I didn't write down the colours I used at the time. I guess brown is brown!

49962520102_2b41e43835_b.jpg

It's not very big but was generally fun rather than fiddly. The new terrain parts (container, barrels etc.) have very crisp detail which is easy to paint.

49962236496_15926048c3_b.jpg

Cheers,

Will

• Like 31

I know nothing of Warhammer lore, but that looks awesomely cool.

It reminds me very much of Shelley's poem 

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

• Like 4

That's beautifully done! Your paintwork is just fabulous - like Andy I'm really impressed with your metal and corrosion effects. And then, in the last picture, I realise that it could all fit onto a beer mat!

Kudos to you sir, very good indeed!

:like:

SD

• Like 2

Thanks all, glad it works. I had a lot of fun with the verdigris which was the thing I was most unsure about. Always interesting trying to keep things in scale.

On 6/3/2020 at 9:33 PM, Nev said:

It reminds me very much of Shelley's poem 

I'm a big fan of Ozymandias, and I started building another diorama ages ago which was going to have "nothing beside remains" or similar the lettered around the rim. There may even be a prehistoric thread on here for it - the statue in that case was a ruined Zaku, which was going fine, but I got stuck on the little sci-fi land vehicle which was supposed to be the other part.

This time I didn't set out to capture that but I think the scale sort of produces it automatically, as you're not the first person to quote the poem!

I'll have to see what else I can do with the Manufactorum set as I've used the tiniest fraction of parts thus far.

99120399020_CivitasImperialisManufactoru
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Adeptus-Titanicus-Industrial-Scenery-2020

The cranes are pretty big going from the container being lifted up, which is the same as the one I used here. Some kind of tank farm or shipping centre would look ace.

Cheers,

Will

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Will Vale said:

I'm a big fan of Ozymandias, and I started building another diorama ages ago which was going to have "nothing beside remains" or similar the lettered around the rim. There may even be a prehistoric thread on here for it - the statue in that case was a ruined Zaku, which was going fine, but I got stuck on the little sci-fi land vehicle which was supposed to be the other part.

This time I didn't set out to capture that but I think the scale sort of produces it automatically, as you're not the first person to quote the poem!

Well, lest anyone thinks I'm all cultured or something, it comes from my love of the Civilization series.  It's used for one of the tech quotes in Civ 4, read by the immortal Leonard Nimoy.

It has now become something of an in-game meme, as seen by the image when you eliminate another civ in Civ 6

spacer.png

And those manufactorium pieces look awesome, would love to see what you come up with.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow thought it looked good until I came to the last pic and then it was "Where did you get the giant box of matches from???" Seriously impressive at that scale!

• Like 1