Supermarine Scimitar Dynavector Folded

IMG-20200526-WA0040

Not the neatest of work, I shall strive to be a better modeller someday. Had i taken more care to align and  ( Check and See ) as often as possible the fit would actually have been with almost zero putty. however like I mentioned before " me not sharpest tool in shed "

• Like 4

IMG-20200516-WA0002

Test fit of the tail, hence the stand from Dynavector. Hmm Interesting.  :) ( Ignore the background mess and the TP roll used for spilt paint  on the floor. Before anyone is aghast at me using shreddable TP on a Model.) Note I chopped off the rear rod and filled up the hole. A- incorrectly place i.e too low, B- Unnecessary.

Edited by Liberator224J
  • Like 3

IMG-20200526-WA0045

Right, so heres my Scimitars tail glued up. A bit of primer on to see. Usually at this stage I would fly the plane around the house to the chagrin of my Cats and the " Why am I dating this Guy " look on the Missus. However couldnt do that with chopped up wings 😕

OOps wrong side of Cutting mat :() Not for display Side :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CJP said:

Your getting this Scimitar together so quickly - photos are good & that wing fold looking good too

Heh heh Lockdown helps. Tons of time apart from doing dishes and mopping the floor. We modellers trained all our lives for a disaster like this. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CJP said:

The Scimitar actually looks rather good in overall red

You know i wondered if it was just me and my affinity to red. I was itching to make a What if instead of the sky blue the RAE used Red with Black sun Glare on the nose. Woulda looked Pretty.

Excellent work going on with your Scimitar, it looks great and coming on fairly quickly.

Dynavector kits fun to build and really do look the part when complete but you hardly see the Scimitar kit these days.

On 6/5/2020 at 5:58 AM, Caerbannog said:

Started Tuesday and almost done already??? Wow. Just wow. I was to offer you scanns of my instructions for decal placement - but you build faster than I read 🙂

If you have left over decals from the powder blue version, I would be interest in purchasing them (decals are what is missing in my kit...).

I look forward to the RFI.

Rene

decal

Gareth And Caerbannog these are the decals i have left over. IIRC Caerbannog wanted the Powder blue and the Scimitar Logo version for Gareth? That way everyone is catered for. please correct me if im wrong. If thats settled then I can organise to give these to yall.

Regards

Nav

• Like 2

On 6/5/2020 at 3:36 PM, Mike said:

There's a lot of Scimitar action at the moment - I bet it triggers an injection moulded kit, although I thought all those years ago that mine would :shrug:

I hope too !!

CC

• Like 1