Supermarine Scimitar Dynavector Folded

Hi guys n gals. Gonna dive in. I started a Dynavector 1:48 scale Scimitar a month ago. Lockdown and Corona Builds have slowed me down in my usual build speed what with doing dishes mopping the floors vaccuuming and cooking for the Boss so she lets me do nothing but sit with planes :)  

well I’m still new to posting here so I’ll try and figure out how to post wip pics. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Liberator224J said:

well I’m still new to posting here so I’ll try and figure out how to post wip pics. 

there are several thread in the FAQ on how to post pics

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/15-faqs/

In short, they have to be hosted online somewhere, they cannot be uploaded direct from your computer/phone/camera to here. 

if you have not already found it, this may help

HTH

• Thanks 1

Ive spent the day researching the stencils on the Scimitar and although Dynavector has provided wonderful decals I havent got the decal placement and so gotta find it one at a time.

Started studying the pneumatic and hydraulic systems on the Scimitar 😕 So please someone with decal placement Do help :)

I managed my first Hurdle by uploading pics. Lets hope i didnt mess up on that :)

Cheers happy modelling

Nav

Great to see your WIP photos Liberator224J but I would like to see them a bit bigger so we can see the detail work you are doing _ don't know what photo hosting site you use but on Post Image I usually save them at 640x480 for the close ups - you really seem to be getting progressing quite quickly through the build looking at those photos

regards CJP😀

I have one in my stash, and it tempts me regularly - but since i already have a number of paused / stalled builds, I will take vicarious pleasure in watching yours come together instead.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Liberator224J said:

If it’s in your stash could you Please send me a Picture if the Decal Instruction sheet or decal instruction guide that comes with the kit. 🙏

Hi Ex-FAAWAFU & Liberator224J - I currently have this kit open under construction on my workbench so can copy the instructions if I can be of help.

CJP

Heyya 
thanks a ton I got it and went right down to the stencils. Almost done with her. Will have to start uploading pics tomorrow. 

really been a great help you guys. Mike n you helped me tremendously. 

what a gorgeous airplane the Scimitar is. I’m in love with her lines. 

Nav

• Like 2

Hello !!

It's Scimitar season...

I'll take a stool at the bar and look over your shoulder if you don't mind it !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2020 at 2:23 PM, kev67 said:

The photos are too small to see what is going on, any chance they can be bigger

I finalky figured out what was wrong 

I was uploading on Flickr. But since the pics are from my phone i was whatsapping it to my comp and using that. Duhhh whatsapp resizes i guess. 

Ok now gonma try this again.

Started Tuesday and almost done already??? Wow. Just wow. I was to offer you scanns of my instructions for decal placement - but you build faster than I read 🙂

If you have left over decals from the powder blue version, I would be interest in purchasing them (decals are what is missing in my kit...).

I look forward to the RFI.

Rene

3 minutes ago, Caerbannog said:

Started Tuesday and almost done already??? Wow. Just wow. I was to offer you scanns of my instructions for decal placement - but you build faster than I read 🙂

If you have left over decals from the powder blue version, I would be interest in purchasing them (decals are what is missing in my kit...).

I look forward to the RFI.

Rene

Tuesday Hah No No I started on the 14th May and floundered on the dark without instructions. Then my search for instructions on the fiddly bits broughT me here to the wonderfully helpful and god like modeller skilled people who have helped me reach this stage. 
Someday I’ll grow up enough to build a clean mode. For now still learning. Surprised the memsaab didn’t kick me out on the street for talking gibberish to her in my sleep like Scimitar Dynavector tail annhedral. etc 

in Fact I had once just glued the tail plane and said enough for tonight. Came. Lay in bed at 3 am and after 4 minutes I JUMPED outta bed literally and she startled said what. ? 
I ran while explaining “Can’t explain.” The glue might still be wet. The Scimitar has an Anhedral tail.  

Nav 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There's a lot of Scimitar action at the moment - I bet it triggers an injection moulded kit, although I thought all those years ago that mine would :shrug:

• Like 2

If ever a model should have triggered a new kit it would have been yours Mike. However i do believe your build has inspired us all and the numbers should gear them up to an injection model. However I do so love the Dynavector Scimitar. The 72 Scale versions et cetra are far below the quality of mould and engineering of Dynavector.

• Thanks 1

IMG-20200514-WA0000

Ok i have tried to make a bigger picture so its more clearly visible. Please pardon my IT illiteracy :) im slow on the uptake. Hope its clearer now. If so I will start posting a few more details.

Edited by Liberator224J
text added
  • Like 2