1/72 Bristol Beaufighter TF.X Airfix

Since this is a British forum, I thought it would be appropriate to dedicate my second post to the beautiful Beaufighter. I wanted to give her a clean look, only very little weathering. The built was nice, but I managed to screw up both engines by building them wrong, I hope its not too recognizable. The only aftermarket item I used was the Eduard Mask for I am quite lazy when it comes to masking ;) 

Thanks for looking!

783429-15187-72-1440.jpg

783430-15187-50-1440.jpg

783431-15187-78-1440.jpg

783432-15187-78-1440.jpg

783428-15187-90-1440.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Well, that looks quite nicely done to me. About the only thing I can see wrong about the engines is the colour of the central gear casings. You have painted them a light grey, when the instruction direct you to paint them satin ( semi-gloss ) black. This would also be the colour they were painted in reality. Also, Airfix tell you to remove the teardrop fairings on the upper inboard wing surfaces, as these were only on very late model Beaufighters.

Another minor detail is both ailerons are drooping down a bit. These should both be in the neutral position, or one up a bit while the other is down some.

Now, aside from my pedantic nit-picking, you have done a wonderful job on this kit. The paint work and weathering are first class. Also, it looks very nice on that base.

I await more of your work.

Chris

• Like 2

This is a very nice build and finish, but you have posed both ailerons in the down position whereas one should be up and the other one down, they cannot point in the same direction .

Wulfman

Edited by Wulfman
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Wulfman said:

This is a very nice build and finish, but you have posed both ailerons in the down position whereas one should be up and the other one down, they cannot point in the same direction .

Wulfman

They can, but only if the cables have been cut or disconnected.🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 02/06/2020 at 04:00, Wulfman said:

Thank you - this is absolutely logical! Won't happen again ;)

Also thank you to everybody else who commented.