finished-low-front-left-2.jpg

finished-rear-left.jpg

finished-left-profile.jpg

finished-right-profile.jpg

finished-low-front-right-2.jpg

finished-bonnet-open-high-front-left-2.j

finished-bonnet-open-high-front-2.jpg

finished-bonnet-open-front-right-2.jpg

Great kit of a classic British car. No real issues getting it together, though the "chrome" self adhesive transfers were a bit of a pain to get in place and staying attached! Zero Paints "homebrew" for the Opalescent Silver Blue paintwork and Zero 2K cleacoat on top.

best,

M

• Like 19

That is just beautiful M, your paintjob is lovely and that homebrew colour suits the Jag perfectly!

Really lovely model!

Keith

Edit - just enjoying looking at the pics again and thinking that the reg plate is a bit late for a Mk2? Very minor nitpick!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Edit - just enjoying looking at the pics again and thinking that the reg plate is a bit late for a Mk2? Very minor nitpick!

Thanks, Keith... as for the plate, my game is that it has to be a possible real plate, but the legality of using it is another matter! I’m sure M1URA is younger than the Lambo it’s on but it’s too good to miss...

best,

M.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

but the legality of using it is another matter!

Certainly is! However I came across a couple of rare occurences when working in DVLA Vehicle Enquiries where a local office had made an error in allocating a replacement plate when a keeper retained their personal plate - so there were/are a few cars out there looking much newer than they actually are!

Or you can always say it's a show plate...!! :)

Whatever, it's just nice to have another look at that gorgeous Jag...!! Really regretting selling mine on now... :doh:

Could I ask what Zero paints you used in your 'homebrew'?

Keith

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Could I ask what Zero paints you used in your 'homebrew”

Ferrari Bianco Fuji, which is a fine pearl rather than flake, and a very carefully administered small dose of Blu Scozia, which is Rob Walker racing blue from an earlier 250SWB project which I’m sure you can guess the subject of...

best,

M.

• Thanks 1

Great work M the colour is perfect for this car. You also did a fantastic job with the interior in particular the dashboard looked superb. Keep them coming M I'm sure I'm not the only one who enjoys seeing your work 👍

• Thanks 1

An excellent build there with some real 'depth' to the paint. For what it's worth (in view of the discussions in the build thread), I think the panel lines look about right for a 1960's British Leyland produce. This is definitely a model which will look great on display.

• Thanks 1

A real beauty M. There's a real one parked in the street near where I work, dark green. Love the shape of this one. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Ferrari Bianco Fuji, which is a fine pearl rather than flake, and a very carefully administered small dose of Blu Scozia

Thanks M, I have to say that your paintjob on this one has probably the best metallic scale finish that I think I've seen - in that you can't see the metallic flakes in the pics but you can see it's not a solid paint, just like 'for real' - great stuff!

Keith

• Thanks 1

That's lovely - fantastic work!  Although my OCD cannot cope with the 1991 / 1992 registration number...  Thank you also for the explanation of the additional engine bay items in your build thread, as that is really helpful for when I get around to building mine.  I did build one about twenty years ago as a student & it turned out quite nicely, but it didn't appreciate the attentions of a younger sibling...  However it survives in my parts box and will be donating much of its remnants to an Airtrax Mk10 (along with Heller's lovely IRS from an E Type kit that I messed up over twenty five years ago).  The body of my old MK2 is currently being used as a test bed for an all opening panel version, and if successful, that will then be built up with all the parts from the new kit.

Also, I wonder if the person who has just bid nearly £90 for one of these kits on ebay (ended earlier this evening) was inspired by what you have achieved here?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

I don’t know why I didn’t think to do it that way..

Or you could have just gone for a non prefix 444GMB - no problem with that as being a personal plate transferred on to the car... :)

Keith

Really nice paint job :) 

Love the home made colour as well, really suits the Jag down to the ground :) 

Only minor critisim is I think the panel line wash is a bit too dark for the light colour,but some like it dark and some like it light, but I prefer it just a bit darker than the base colour 

But that's only my opinion, I'd still be happy to have it on my shelf :) 

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

Or you could have just gone for a non prefix 444GMB - no problem with that as being a personal plate transferred on to the car... :)

Keith

But it’s not “Aaargh, Matt” it’s a Jaaaag that belongs to me!

best,

M.