MV-22B Osprey, USMC

#9 finished for the year.  Mixed feelings about this one, not my best work, made a few mistakes and didn't have time to properly correct them as I was up against a GB deadline on another site, but she's a decent 4 footer.

She's a real hard bird to photograph with those big ole prop blades, and either my camera, or my photo editing software really doesn't like those stripey decals on the top of the wings and fuselage either.

1591029319643851-2.png

1591029308261775-5.png

1591029304824560-6.png

1591029322782518-1.png

• Like 46

You give yourself too little credit. That looks very good and will stand up to closer examination with no problem at all. Is the kit a difficult build?

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

You give yourself too little credit. That looks very good and will stand up to closer examination with no problem at all. Is the kit a difficult build?

Thanks.  The hardest part of the kit is the fuselage halves - it's shaped like a box with a flat top and bottom, so getting rid of the step and making it flat was the biggest chore.  

And its light years ahead of it's only competitor, the Italeri kit - an inaccurate depiction of the prototype with terrible fit and raised panel lines. 

Hello Nev,

This finish will attract lots of spectators at the contest table.

Regards, Orion

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Orion said:

Hello Nev,

This finish will attract lots of spectators at the contest table.

Regards, Orion

You are very kind my friend, but this is nowhere near competition standard :)

Looks great to me, at least you finished yours, mine ended up in the bin lost patience with the fuselage halves. I have a bit more patience now, keep looking for another kit but they seem hard to come by. That's a great model and looks good on the red stand

Darren

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dashellis said:

Looks great to me, at least you finished yours, mine ended up in the bin lost patience with the fuselage halves. I have a bit more patience now, keep looking for another kit but they seem hard to come by. That's a great model and looks good on the red stand

Darren

Thanks, I got mine off Amazon of all places.  Some of the models on there are stupid prices but I got this for RRP.