My father-in-law, Doug , wanted to play his part in WWII but because he was in a reserved occupation as an electrician,  he was classed as essential to the war effort. Towards the end of the war he was then able to sign up to the RAF and went to Canada for his training flying Tiger Moths, Ansons and Cessna Cranes. When he came back to England he was posted to RAF North Luffenham, 102 Flight Refresher School for conversion training to jets as pilots were needed for the Korean War, maybe. Fellow member on Britmodeller @Ghostbase , his father was also stationed there at the same time and he had photos of his father and Doug and also a picture of the Spitfire F.22 markings. With this information and a picture of the Vampire I was able to complete this part of Doug's life.

smDSCN3359

smDSCN3357

smDSCN3358

Regards

Robert

Edited by Robert
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Lovely work!

What kits & what scale please, its nice to see that info as if they are known difficult kits it makes your achievement even greater. 

Beautiful models, an awesome presentation and an outstanding remembrance. I'm very much impressed.

Oops the scale of the models are 1/72 and they are Airfix F.22 Spitfire and Special Hobby Vampire. The decals are from the spare box, Xtradecal, kit decals and home printed ones.

Regards

Robert

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for all you comments and likes. My wife has said that Doug always liked to make people smile and he is still doing it now.

Regards

Robert

• Like 1

• 8 months later...