Victor hemp

Well I'm building a Victor again and I've decided on the hemp colour scheme. I haven't quite decided on an airframe yet, but XL231, XL190, XH672 and XM715 are ones I'm considering. 

The hemp colour used on Victors is one paint I don't have, I'll be airbrushing this model, does anyone have any recommendations? 

Xtracyrlix do it as XA1016 and Gunze Sanyo Mr Aqueous Hobby Color as H336 Hemp. Hataka also do it, but it is not always easy to get.  

Hataka do a hemp colour in their Modern RAF Vol 2 set - available in Red Line for Airbrushing, Orange Line which is lacquer based airbrushing paints or Blue Line for the old school brush painters

https://shop.hataka-hobby.com/aviation-paint-sets/497-htk-as73-modern-royal-air-force-paint-set-vol-2-5902288752785.html

45 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

Is there a U. S Federal Standard number for Hemp?

No.  British Standard BS381C: 389.  Available in the AK paints range.  You might find a near miss in FS but it won’t be an exact match.

• 2 weeks later...

Years ago, when I worked for a lighting company, I had on occasions to accompany a photographer who would photograph any particularly good or prestegious lighting scheme that had been installed. As most of the installations were fluorescent, he would look at the tube colour (warm white, cool white and a host of others, including other light sources) then consult a chart and apply filters to give a true colour rendering. He gave me a photocopy of that chart (it was 40 years ago and has long since disappeared), but it really was the only way to get true colour rendering. I remember that every time somebody says they think a photograph of a model is not quite right or has a colour cast.

• Like 1