Messerschmitt Me.262A-1b By my Son

14 minutes ago, Shorty84 said:

Wow, quite a kit for his first modelling steps.

Yeah, it's worrying me a little too :hmmm:

14 minutes ago, Shorty84 said:

Dragon Me 262 Nightfighter in 1/48. Not the easiest kit as you may know

I do - my first 262 was the one with the Bordkanone, and that fought me all the way.  Poor parts, fit issues and shape issues with the intakes.

complete1.jpg

• Like 2

My 9 year old self wouldn't have got anywhere near that finish... very impressive and tidy finish.

Rare bird as well, 262 with BMW 003s... first one of that version I think I've seen built... nice.

Matt

• Thanks 1

No need to bother to be polite – that is an impressive Me 262, whatever the age of the builder!

Very good modelling, Christopher! You have good modeller's genes, that much is obvious.

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Thanks 1

That kit looks fantastic. I'm sat here, struggling for inspiration on my current camouflage (I have the colours but negative on the pattern) and then this appears. 

The pattern looks incredible and very well balanced. The skills your nipper has are phenomenal. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Shorty84 said:

Much better than anything I produced when I was 9y 👍

Indeed, me too. Paint? Airbrush? (shades of Four Yorkshiremen sketch).

Darn good job there young Christopher. Next thing Mike will be posting your work and claiming it as his! :whistle:

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Mike said:

The next techniques he needs to master (other than patience) is cockpits, weathering wheel bays, seams, and patience.  Did I mentioned patience yet?  Patience.

When he does master the patience thing Mike, do you think he could teach me? Then maybe I could build a model as nice as that!

Tremendous model Christopher, very nice work indeed! :thumbsup:

And a 1/48 Heinkel 111 - even 63 year old me would be daunted by that - so while Christopher may lack patience he certainly doesn't lack ambition....!! :)

Keith

• Thanks 1

Excellent job, Christopher! :clap:

I struggle to get a consistent paint job like that at 50 (years old, that is). 

Don't ever show him any videogames, Mike (how old fashioned am I in writing that? :banghead:)

Ciao

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, giemme said:

Don't ever show him any videogames, Mike (how old fashioned am I in writing that? :banghead:)

Too late - he's obsessed! :wacko: In truth though, it was the games with planes in that has brought him back to modelling.  He's stood with me as I type this, and is beaming at all the comments, while he waves his arms expansively talking about future projects and trying to steal all my biggest kits <_<

• Haha 2

Wow. Looks like he is a born modeller. Mine were never that good at 9 ............come to think of it, they are not that good now!

Well done indeed!

Terry

• Thanks 1

Christopher - I had missed this earlier.  Great job there.  I particularly like the way you have done the paint scheme and blended the airbrushing in with soft edges.  The paint job is first class.  Very impressed Sir

• Thanks 1

Looks fab! Moment of paternal pride for sure. Airbrushing too? All credit to him, I was scared to use the airbrush until my teens and it still gives me the willies a little bit at 42!

• Thanks 1