Hello all 

This is the MisterCraft Hawker Hunter F6/FGA9 built completely OOB but modified to an earlier F4 by removing the wing dogtooth and reshaping the exhaust nozzle area. The kit is pretty basic and is labelled as an F6, but has a simplified version of the extended tailcone of the Fga9. The instructions though state that it's an F1! Decals are also not supplied for one of the paint options so on the whole the kit is a real mish mash. However it's cheap enough to cut up rather than using the Revell kit. I think it maybe based on the old Frog mouldings but has recessed panel lines so I'm not sure. Definitely not one for the purists but I think it does look like a Hunter in the end? Decals were from Airfile / Fantasy Printshop (highly recommended!) for a No. 3 sqn machine with PRU blue undersides. Paints from Gunze Aqueous and Vallejo. All I added was some tamiya tape for seat belts and some brass rod for the pitot tube. 

Thanks for looking, comments as always really appreciated. 

Cheers! 

IMG_20200601_120754

IMG_20200601_120843

IMG_20200601_120909

IMG_20200601_120931

IMG_20200601_121116

IMG_20200601_121056

Edited by binbrook87
  • Like 24

6 hours ago, Bangor Lad said:

Nice work. These Mistercraft kits can be a little vague in what's going to come out of the box but you've ended up with a nice Hunter.

Yes you're right there! I also have one of their Javelins and instead of an upper and lower wing assembly...it came with two uppers! Although to be fair they did send me a replacement after i contacted them 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keith in the uk said:

Hummm  never heard of Mister craft kits before ? Not looking too bad , although it looks a little bit on the fat side forward of the wings ?

Nice job tho .  :yes:

Thanks for the comments. Much appreciated. Yeh the shape ain't perfect but I'll see how far out it is after I build one of the Revell kits for comparison. I can't really 'recommend' the Mistercraft (or should that be Mysterycraft!) kits as they are pretty hit n miss basic interpretations of the real thing... but they're cheap and fun and the box art is quite nice! 😁