Kinetic 1/48th F-104G

I've just recently finished this Kinetic F-104. As usual, pretty much straight from the box  but with the addition of an Eduard Brassin ejection seat and instrument panel. As the photo I have of this particular aircraft was fitted with an SUU-21 Practice Bomb Dispenser, I was keen to fit one of these too. This was obtained from sprue C of the Daco F-104 improvement set. Decals are from Xtradecal.

49956719446_3701eaa162_b.jpgIMG_0354

IMG_0355  

49956216478_41f0197122_b.jpgIMG_0355

49956211563_c5e2ee6c2f_b.jpgIMG_0358

Edited by keithjs
  • Like 33

I have this kit in the stash and I want to build ist soon in the "Marine" version. Did you paint the undersides grey or aluminum? Kinetic calls for aluminum, but I am not sure.

Btw.: Your model is beautuful. I hope I can achieve something  close to that.

Volker

34 minutes ago, VolkerR. said:

I have this kit in the stash and I want to build ist soon in the "Marine" version. Did you paint the undersides grey or aluminum? Kinetic calls for aluminum, but I am not sure.

Btw.: Your model is beautuful. I hope I can achieve something  close to that.

Volker

Thank you very much. The kit in my opinion is very nice indeed and much better than the old Hasegawa one. No build issues whatsoever. Kinetic have the name wrong for the underside. Strictly speaking its not Aluminium but a pale grey. RAL7001 Silbergrau which is available in Xtracolor as X255.

Here's the photo that I based the model on. Thank you for your interest.

49959191233_51cc83c559_c.jpgac1591015348690684

• Like 3

Excellent Zipper Keith - lovely build and finish. I was interested to note something I hadn't clocked before with no anti dazzle on the top of the forward nose - some had it and others, like yours didn't.

Cheers

Malcolm

2 hours ago, baldwin8 said:

Nice build and presentation. The MFG 1 badge is nice, where did you source it?

Thank you. I just put MFG 1 badge into google, clicked images and that was the best one I could find. Hope that helps.

yeah mate you get it.

your 104 looks excellent, i like your subtle weathering also the german scheme with Dayglow tiptanks so much. I have the Kinetic 104 in my stash too and you inspire me to build it soon.