Australian and New Zealand group build chat. A build dedicated to a member “Silver fox” this is for you.

7 hours ago, zebra said:

Drunk modelling GB anyone? Build anything you like provided you can’t walk in a straight line while doing it. Probably best to avoid sharp tools, which might inhibit things a bit.

Gosh now there's a great idea for a GB!!

A "P_i_s_s_ed Blitz Build GB"!!!*  :cheers:

* or Wee Wee GB if the naughty word checker has it's way!  :rofl2:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Gosh now there's a great idea for a GB!!

A "P_i_s_s_ed Blitz Build GB"!!!*  :cheers:

* or Wee Wee GB if the naughty word checker has it's way!  :rofl2:

Immediately thought of this....enjoy 😉

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

A minor correction: I'm afraid it's not the second oldest in the world. Finnish AF already celebrated its Centenary in 2018. V-P

I stand corrected. You are indeed correct

Regards

Bruce

• Like 1

I may or may not end up building a 1/32nd Kingfisher for this one.  For some bazaar reason I've just bought the Ronin decals for the RAAF ones we had during the war (were originally for the Netherlands same as were the Do-24's).

Guess I'll have to buy the model now! :doh:

• Haha 3

On 6/2/2020 at 4:59 PM, Rabbit Leader said:

.. so that’s the trick? Might down a couple of schooners before I tackle that Meteor NF.11 canopy! 

Just a couple Dave? I just found this at the local Dan Murphy's, it's a very nice drop.

?71RDwmfHFEL._AC_SX679_.jpg

They are 500ml bottles (stubbies?), so a couple will get you very relaxed! :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Just a couple Dave? I just found this at the local Dan Murphy's, it's a very nice drop.

?71RDwmfHFEL._AC_SX679_.jpg

They are 500ml bottles (stubbies?), so a couple will get you very relaxed! :D

Very nice it is too!

Some of their advertising slogans were great, a couple I remember are "Goering,Goering,Gone" and "Downed all over Kent, just like the Luftwaffe", priceless!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Don't forget that you can also get "Lancaster Bomber" ale, and I've also had a bottle of "Swordfish" before now which had a great picture of Fairey's finest on it. the there is also "Ahop-aclypse Now" which has some great CH-47's carrying bundles of hops and UH-1's on the label.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

I'd be down for this one, plenty of subjects to choose from, might even get lucky by the time this happens and someone other then hasegawa comes out with an F111C for me to build

Welcome Aboard Stu Im hoping to see a couple of 111’s in the build. Hopefully we can get a good one by then. 

• Like 1

Far-r-r-r too early to be designating projects, of course...

...but I was still prompted to pick up the old Glencoe Viscount 700 on Ebay, that I've always fancied doing up in those gorgeous TAA 'flying kangaroo' markings. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

On 6/4/2020 at 6:15 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Welcome Aboard Stu Im hoping to see a couple of 111’s in the build. Hopefully we can get a good one by then. 

Somehow though i suspect my best chance of doing a C is to try to extend the wings on the old ertl kit....

• Like 1