Australian and New Zealand group build chat. A build dedicated to a member “Silver fox” this is for you.

Hello Everybody... I was reading a post by @modelling minion in one of the Corsair STGB Threads. He made a comment that we could do a group build on Kiwi Corsairs and the lightbulb went off. Is anyone here interested in a group build based on the ANZAC History ? Im talking anything to do with Australia and New Zealand be it civilian or Militarily. From the day they started as Colonies to them becoming Independent Nations. Wether in there own defense or as part of the Commonwealth service, in both Peacetime and at War. I believe their were Australian and New Zealand crewed Ships in both World wars. The same for the RAAF and New Zealand Air force. There were infantry and Armored units all over the planet during the wars. Korea, occupation of Japan and Germany, Vietnam for the Australians and participation in East Timor. I think this kind of expresses the idea, if anyone is interested I could flesh it out more. I forgot to add this includes Civilian items also, Planes, trains, Cars, Boats/Ships, and anything else. 

1. Corsairfoxfouruncle (Host)

2. Silver fox  

3. Graeme H

4. Modelling Minion

5. LDSModeller

6. Cookenbacher

7. stevehnz

8. zebra

9. vppelt68

10. Romeo Alpha Yankee

11. Steve 1602

12. Marlin

12a. Trickyrich

14. JOCKNEY (Co-host)

15. helios16v

16. TEMPESTMK5

17. pacificmustang 

18. thorfinn

19. Rabbit Leader

20. Paul Bradley

21. Adam Poultney 

22. gary from darwin

23. PhantomBigStu

24. CliffB 

25. Wez

26. Arniec 

27. Marcin Kaminski

28. Ray S 

29. Rafwaffe 

🏁30. Jabba 

31. Beazer 

32. Paul J

33. John Masters 

34. Andwil 

35. ArnoldAmbrose 

36. sampanzer

37. Mancunian airman

38. Threadbear 

39. vstanman 

40. jb65rams 

41. bianfuxia 

42. abat 

43. Richard E 

44. Cuppa_joe 

45. mark.au

46. Peter Lloyd 

47. fatfingers

48. Scargsy 

49. theplasticsurgeon 

50. Jpthedog 

51. Aidrian 

52. davecov 

53. jackroadkill 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 7

Absolutely in for this one :thumbsup:

Thanks

Alan

Edit

@Corsairfoxfouruncle

Dennis, We Kiwi's were in Korea/Vietnam/Timor too..........................., :confused: 

Other times, include  Relieving of  RN Ships in the Middle East, so they could take part in the Falklands War 1982.

Anti Drug Smuggling Flights by RNZAF P3K Orion's in the Middle East amongst others things. the list goes on.....

Edited by LDSModeller
  • Sad 1

I'm interested in joining this GB pending on when it might run. 

I'm not going to be able to model anything starting from Christmas 2020 and for about six months on. 

We're about to evacuate our appartment for a complete renovation of the building, and it'll take around six months until we can move back.

But if this goes through and takes place at the second half of 2021 I'd like to enter. 

Give's me that perfect chance to build that Aussie F-111 I have in the stash. 

/Bosse 

• Like 1

I really should have to be asked if I wanted to join this GB!!! :think:

I should have a few in the stash suitable.....or about to join the stash!

33 minutes ago, Marlin said:

hopefully it's not 1/48th as all of them are complete rubbish!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Marlin said:

It's the HobbyBoss 1/48 F-111C "Pig"

/Bosse

yup!!! the perfect name for that particular model.....a PIG!!!

There is an awful lot wrong with that model, way too much to go into. Basically it's not a "C" model but a hodgepodge of bits from other versions trying to be a "C"  model. They mention you can build a "G" model, but like the "C" version you actually can't!  Whoever did the design work for this model has never actually seen one or even bothered to even look at pictures of one....the mistakes are that bad! Sorry to have to tell you this.  Oh and the decals are rubbish as well!

I built one and converted it to the RF-111C Recon version (custom made those bits), I spent a fortune on AM bits trying to sort/correct it. It would have been easier to scratch build one!

The Academy version is probably the lesser of the two 1/48th evils!

I pray and hope one day someone will finally release a proper model of a F-111.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

Oh boy

The chance to annoy @trickyrich, @Rabbit Leader@Romeo Alpha Yankee to name but a few, thats just too good to miss !

I'm off to find a scale model of either Dame Edna Everage or Crocodile Dundee. 

Cheers Pat

They have indeed been begging for a special treatment, haven't they? They have become another famous Australian trio, just like the brothers Gibb :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, LDSModeller said:

Absolutely in for this one :thumbsup:

Thanks

Alan

Edit

@Corsairfoxfouruncle

Dennis, We Kiwi's were in Korea/Vietnam/Timor too..........................., :confused: 

Other times, include  Relieving of  RN Ships in the Middle East, so they could take part in the Falklands War 1982.

Anti Drug Smuggling Flights by RNZAF P3K Orion's in the Middle East amongst others things. the list goes on.....

Im sadly not familiar with your history post Korea. Im sorry if my brief idea came across uncaring or rude. 

4 hours ago, Marlin said:

I'm interested in joining this GB pending on when it might run. 

I'm not going to be able to model anything starting from Christmas 2020 and for about six months on. 

We're about to evacuate our appartment for a complete renovation of the building, and it'll take around six months until we can move back.

But if this goes through and takes place at the second half of 2021 I'd like to enter. 

/Bosse 

Ive added you as a tentative pending its date. If we get the other 15 sign-ups before November 1st we will get a chance at 2021 if not maybe 2022. If by some lucky stroke we get a date for 21 I will try to get a second half of the year date.

Im in trouble if all my builds get through ? Ive got 3-4 maybe 5 builds that have the potential to get through. 

Dennis

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, trickyrich said:

yup!!! the perfect name for that particular model.....a PIG!!!

There is an awful lot wrong with that model, way too much to go into. Basically it's not a "C" model but a hodgepodge of bits from other versions trying to be a "C"  model. They mention you can build a "G" model, but like the "C" version you actually can't!  Whoever did the design work for this model has never actually seen one or even bothered to even look at pictures of one....the mistakes are that bad! Sorry to have to tell you this.  Oh and the decals are rubbish as well!

I built one and converted it to the RF-111C Recon version (custom made those bits), I spent a fortune on AM bits trying to sort/correct it. It would have been easier to scratch build one!

The Academy version is probably the lesser of the two 1/48th evils!

I pray and hope one day someone will finally release a proper model of a F-111.

Perhaps I'd be better of with an Aussie Growler then....    

/Bosse 

Or just say screw it, build it, and not sweat it.  It's gotta be built some time.  ;)

Edited by helios16v
  • Like 1

Good eveining Dennis

Please add my name to the list , I don't know yet what I will be building but I am sure that I will find something suitable in my stash ..

Best Regards

Patrice

• Like 2