Australian and New Zealand group build chat. A build dedicated to a member “Silver fox” this is for you.

9 minutes ago, Ray_W said:

Dennis,

Go here have fun.

http://www.adf-gallery.com.au/

Ray

Was just about to suggest the same site but Ray beat me to it. ADF serials must be one of my most visited web pages.. besides Britmodeller of course! 
Cheers.. Dave 

P.S.. Kiwi fans may like this one too - https://fotoweb.airforcemuseum.co.nz/fotoweb/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Was just about to suggest the same site but Ray beat me to it. ADF serials must be one of my most visited web pages.. besides Britmodeller of course! 
Cheers.. Dave 

P.S.. Kiwi fans may like this one to - https://fotoweb.airforcemuseum.co.nz/fotoweb/

Good thing about ADF is it also has a NZDF section. Also accidently sent the previous post before adding the armour section. Now edited. 

By the way, tracked down a single seat Kinetic Mirage IIIO boxing so ordered it. Lovely! Looking forward to this build!

In the mean time, sitting here, filling in time in Istanbul, waiting for a flight in this weird COVID year, thank god for Britmodeller. 

Ray

• Like 2

On 12/6/2020 at 1:42 PM, Jb65rams said:

I would like to declare for this please, with ICM’s 1/35 Model T 1917 LCP with ANZAC Crew.

Damn, I was going to do that too!

No problem though, as I have an alternative, Plan B, Model T :winkgrin:

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Though I am considering a Clanky metal box for at least one of the builds. Possibly an M3Grant/Lee or an M113 from Australia. They did operate the Grant/Lee in home defense of Australia during the war didn't they ? I think I remember seeing photo’s of them near Darwin in 42-43. 

What about the AC1 Sentinel ? or a Schofield?

/runs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LDSModeller said:

Reminds me of an Airshow held at RNZAF Wigram, many moons ago now.

Two Sioux (Bell 47) Helicopter's had just completed a mid air dance routine to the

Blue Danube Waltz (yes, one had a big pink bow), all the crowd (note; read many many

Civilians) were waiting around when this RNZAF A4 Skyhawk came barrelling over the crowd

at about just over hangar height - Boy did they jump out of their skins :D

Never laughed so hard in my life.

Regards

Alan

I was there that day!

And yes, I jumped out of my skin! 😱

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ray_W said:

An F-111 came silently at high knots up behind the crowd, low, screamed overhead, stood on its tail, full afterburner and up she went.

Gidday, that would have been something to see, I reckon. Regards, Jeff.

Changed my mind re my entry, looks like won’t be able find the kit I wanted for a reasonable price, however just started an airfix Sunderland which I’ve only just noticed is going to be RAAF markings so I shall cease work and make that my entry. Painted the interior parts only, assume that’s well within 25%?

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ray_W said:

By the way, tracked down a single seat Kinetic Mirage IIIO boxing so ordered it. Lovely! Looking forward to this build!

That's a pretty nice little kit once it's all said and done.  It does take a little patience (intakes were a little fiddly) and clean up of the parts (fair bit of flash) but not a bad kit.  I ended up building mine OOB.  I couldn't find a IIIO at the time, so I ended up modding a South American IIIE/5 along with some Caracal decals.  I'd not be opposed to doing another one some day.

5 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Changed my mind re my entry, looks like won’t be able find the kit I wanted for a reasonable price, however just started an airfix Sunderland which I’ve only just noticed is going to be RAAF markings so I shall cease work and make that my entry. Painted the interior parts only, assume that’s well within 25%?

If its only paint yes no where near the 25% mark.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ray_W said:

Good thing about ADF is it also has a NZDF section.

It's a fantastic resource. 

Not well optimised though.  A 2MB PNG as banner image, and no caching?

I like Strikemasters, but that could easily be done as jpg in 100KB, sparing everyone's bandwidth. 

I am planning another subject - a RAAF Korean War era P51D-25-NT. This will follow on from my Mirage IIIO build. 

Would you believe that, in a lifetime of modelling, I have never built a P-51! What a sacrilege, I hear. I have plenty of worthy P-51 kits in the stash (Tamiya, Hasegawa, Accurate Miniatures). It was just a subject that never got me excited (with the possible exception of all pre-bubble canopy versions). Now, there is no excuse with the Eduard kit in hand and the parts to do a Dash 25 in the box and an enthusiastic ANZAC GB. Also, been looking forward to another worthy subject to use AK's Xtreme Metals. This is the one. Nice and shiny.

Ray

• Like 3

I was planning a car build but have decided to save it for the Unarmed GB later in the year after snagging a bargain yesterday on ebay:

• Italeri (1429) 1/72 RAAF F/A-18 Hornet

It will be my first go at one of these jets so fingers crossed................. 🤞

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Richard E said:

Hoping I can do better than my last attempt to join a Group Build, can I bring a Boeing E-7A Wedgetail to the Barbie ? 

Richard.. you most certainly can, however I suggest you tackle a smaller sausage that won’t take that many bites to consume! 

Cheers.. Dave 

26 minutes ago, Richard E said:

Hoping I can do better than my last attempt to join a Group Build, can I bring a Boeing E-7A Wedgetail to the Barbie ? 

As Dave @Rabbit Leader says yes please join us. A Wedgetail should be interesting and sufficiently large enough to attract attention. 

On 12/17/2020 at 12:04 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

As Dave @Rabbit Leader says yes please join us. A Wedgetail should be interesting and sufficiently large enough to attract attention. 

On 12/16/2020 at 11:52 PM, Rabbit Leader said:

Richard.. you most certainly can, however I suggest you tackle a smaller sausage that won’t take that many bites to consume! 

I'm planning a managably sized build: Revell's Boeing 737-800 coupled with Hawkeye Models' conversion set and decals.

• Like 4

Anyone know if the Aussie P-39 had the us seats or the British seats with the Sutton harness?

Asking for a friend😉

My kingfisher still needs a ton of work as well.  Would that qualify?  I think it’s riding the line at 25% as I still have the floats, rigging, all the filling and sanding, Cowl and propeller work, and of course the canopy and paint.  If not I’ll just plug away at it through the year.

49044120673_876c25a02c_b.jpg

4 hours ago, Beazer said:

My kingfisher still needs a ton of work as well.  Would that qualify?  I think it’s riding the line at 25% as I still have the floats, rigging, all the filling and sanding, Cowl and propeller work, and of course the canopy and paint.  If not I’ll just plug away at it through the year.

Revellogram and cutting edge ? If so Ive done the conversion/upgrades myself. Its borderline as far as the 25% goes but I think I can say yes as there still a lot of work to do. 

This would have been a perfect GB to join with my latest planed new Zealand navy super seasprite but I've got the first 3 weeks of January off to build it, thus not going to work for the GB

Edited by thepureness
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, thepureness said:

This would have been a perfect GB to join with my latest planed new Zealand navy super seasprite but I've got the first 3 weeks of January off to build it, thus not going to work for the GB

Sorry the timing wont work for you. Please visit the builds if you get a chance though. 

14 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Revellogram and cutting edge ? If so Ive done the conversion/upgrades myself. Its borderline as far as the 25% goes but I think I can say yes as there still a lot of work to do. 

Yeah it’s the monogram hi tech kit and all the cutting edge goodies.  The cowl, the floats although i haven’t decided on keeping the monogram edo  float yet and there is a flap set on eBay.  The fuselage and canopy will obviously need a lot of work.

Im 90% set on the grey, green, Aussie sky colours but as with everything things can get complicated.

• Like 1

How does your rear interior set fit ? I had to grind mine to wafer thin, and even that wasnt enough ? I wound up having to butcher it along the lowest axis and removing material from the bits to get mine to fit. In the end it worked out, she needs a new paint job though ?🤔 I did mine 4 years ago when I only had rattle-cans to work with. 

6 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

How does your rear interior set fit ? I had to grind mine to wafer thin, and even that wasnt enough ? I wound up having to butcher it along the lowest axis and removing material from the bits to get mine to fit. In the end it worked out, she needs a new paint job though ?🤔 I did mine 4 years ago when I only had rattle-cans to work with. 

It was more removing the pins from the original kit but I did spend a fair amount of time with the Dremel.  The bottom section was where I had to focus most.  Now I’m at the cowling which is more painful trying to get right.  Why I keep putting the build off.

• Like 1