Australian and New Zealand group build chat. A build dedicated to a member “Silver fox” this is for you.

3 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Has there been any discussion/opinions floated on a weeks grace on this, I'm making good progress but my shift work is going to get right in the way, especially over the days leading up to the 16th May,

I was going to bother Enzo this week about that. Stay tuned for more information. 

3 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Another thought about this build being a tribute to Andy, when we had the Tribute GB to Edgar a few years ago, from memory the gallery wasn't frozen but people could still post their finished builds as they completed them even though they were outside the GB dates & so fulfil their tribute to Edgar. I'm thinking this might be appropriate for this GB too.

I will mention this as well. We’re close but not sure if we will hit the magic number of too many builds to do a poll ? Im thinking of not having one as this has become a dedication to a fellow member so everyone is a winner of sorts just by building and honoring Andy.

Dennis

• Like 2

On 06/05/2021 at 18:25, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Ok This is just in…. We will be allowed an extra two weeks for the build. So you all have a bit of extra time now. 

What?!  Outrageous - it was only the looming deadline which has given me the KUTA (see what I did there?) to really move the Beaufort on!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Hello to everyone Im sorry to say I will need to withdraw from building temporarily. Unfortunately between family and Health issues I can no longer continue modeling at this time. I will visit as often to follow builds and finish up the ANZAC build I’m running. If anyone has questions they can D/M me for more details, I’d rather not openly discuss them. 

Dennis

• Sad 9

While I have been chipping away at my entries, I decided to finish this one up, it was over 25% started so no eligible.

It is a Minicraft 1/48 Black Hawk finished as a RAAF 9SQN S-70A-9 aircraft before being handed over the Army.

51173591781_dc69f486f6_b.jpg

51172925332_6b8d3be714_b.jpg

51174691510_1de5ec757a_b.jpg

• Like 9

15 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello to everyone Im sorry to say I will need to withdraw from building temporarily. Unfortunately between family and Health issues I can no longer continue modeling at this time. I will visit as often to follow builds and finish up the ANZAC build I’m running. If anyone has questions they can D/M me for more details, I’d rather not openly discuss them. 

Dennis

Get well soon Dennis and hope all the family stuff is resolved ASAP. 

I will do my best to keep the GB going on Dennis's behalf.

So let's make the most of our extra time and get as many completed builds as we can in the Gallery, to remember @Silver Fox and to thank Dennis for all his endeavours on our behalf in this GB.

Cheers Pat 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

While I have been chipping away at my entries, I decided to finish this one up, it was over 25% started so no eligible.

It is a Minicraft 1/48 Black Hawk finished as a RAAF 9SQN S-70A-9 aircraft before being handed over the Army.

51173591781_dc69f486f6_b.jpg

51172925332_6b8d3be714_b.jpg

51174691510_1de5ec757a_b.jpg

Now that looks good, I really do like the Camouflage. 

• Like 1

I would have liked to done more but lacking in finish  choices and materials. As it is, most of my builds have slowed down also due to lack of space. However I have enjoyed following and taking part in this GB seeing lots of nice models and choices.. Maybe a follow up ANZAC /2  GB sometime?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paul J said:

I would have liked to done more but lacking in finish  choices and materials. As it is, most of my builds have slowed down also due to lack of space. However I have enjoyed following and taking part in this GB seeing lots of nice models and choices.. Maybe a follow up ANZAC /2  GB sometime?

Yes there will definitely be a follow up. Current rules wont allow me to push for it until 2023, as there must be a 3 yr. gap between repeats. So I will use the sign up and members involved list’s when the time comes to advertise to previous participants. Ive quite enjoyed this group build and heaven knows I have a bucket list of stuff to build from either country. I almost moved to Australia in the early 90’s and regret that decision greatly. 

Dennis

• Like 4

Yes, what a great Group Build it has been, and a wonderful Tribute for Silver Fox.

I have been amazed at the quality of the builds going on (all are such very high quality), and the huge amount of history and background we have been given by many of the contributors. An Aus/NZ II will be good, and I will happily sign up if the fates allow.

Ray

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to a follow-up GB in a few years' time.  Seeing as I built an NZ model this time around it would seem only fair that I build an Australian one next time.  There's plenty of scope for that, after all!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK everyone we are now in our last week of this special GB so can I ask anyone with an uncompleted build to roll their sleeves up and get them in the Gallery please.

For those of you with completed builds, let's give these guys every encouragement please.

Many thanks Pat 

• Like 3

On 5/24/2021 at 5:15 PM, JOCKNEY said:

OK everyone we are now in our last week of this special GB so can I ask anyone with an uncompleted build to roll their sleeves up and get them in the Gallery please.

For those of you with completed builds, let's give these guys every encouragement please.

Many thanks Pat 

Sadly I flamed out on both my builds for this GB. Usually I manage to complete at least one per GB. But there's been a bit going on for me lately that's reduced my benchtime, and then today I discovered a flaw in my F-111G build - that the canopy doesn't fit over the pilots! So I either have to fix them or tidy up the cockpit if it's going to be empty.

I'll finish both my builds though as I was enjoying them.

Great work to all those who participated, whether you made it into the gallery or not!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Hi @bianfuxia

I'm really sorry to hear that your F-111 is not playing ball.

There is nothing worse that having devoted so much time to a build only for a significant problem to appear on the finishing straight.

Would it be possible to put a shim under the canopy to lift it enough to clear the pilots ? Alternatively and forgive my ignorance of F-111, but does the canopy open ?

If so could you build it with the canopy open instead ?

My apologies if this is completely inappropriate under the circumstances  :sorry:

Kindest regards Pat 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JOCKNEY said:

Snap!  I’ve just made the same suggestion in the build thread.

AW

• Haha 1

On 5/28/2021 at 8:59 AM, JOCKNEY said:

Hi @bianfuxia

I'm really sorry to hear that your F-111 is not playing ball.

There is nothing worse that having devoted so much time to a build only for a significant problem to appear on the finishing straight.

Would it be possible to put a shim under the canopy to lift it enough to clear the pilots ? Alternatively and forgive my ignorance of F-111, but does the canopy open ?

My apologies if this is completely inappropriate under the circumstances  :sorry:

Kindest regards Pat 

It doesn't open on this one - it does on the Esci one, but they don't fit each other. It opens like two butterfly wings I guess you'd say - each side window opens from the central axis.

It's ok, I will finish it up over the next week or so once I put those two flyboys into a pop-up bootcamp and shave some excess weight off them :)

On 5/28/2021 at 9:17 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Could you tack the canopy shut to finish the build, and at a later time adjust the pilots to fit ? 

it won't even sit in the area at all, it's blocked by a millimeter or so. 

all good, I will wrap it up soon enough!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well done everybody 82 builds in the Gallery for Silver Fox. That also means we’ve surpassed the ability to have a poll. Which actually is just as good. I think that this being a dedication build everybody is a winner and its all for Silver Fox in the end. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Well done everybody 82 builds in the Gallery for Silver Fox. That also means we’ve surpassed the ability to have a poll. Which actually is just as good. I think that this being a dedication build everybody is a winner and its all for Silver Fox in the end. 

Thanks very much to you and @JOCKNEY for hosting the GB, Dennis.  I've found both the build and the participation to be very enjoyable indeed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2