Australian and New Zealand group build chat. A build dedicated to a member “Silver fox” this is for you.

For some reason I was under the impression today was the 30th. Anyway my shame my Sunderland didn’t make it but even without the setback it would never have given I can’t count up to 30. Great GB to be part of and thanks to the hosts 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

@Corsairfoxfouruncle @JOCKNEY

Thanks Dennis and Pat for hosting such a wonderful GB. Terrific and interesting range of subjects and most enjoyable both building and following others. And, I agree, a very fitting tribute to @Silver Fox with such high participation and completed builds.

Thanks again,

Ray

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

This has been a cracking GB, Dennis & Pat have been great hosts & the fact it was a tribute GB for Andy as well made it all the more special. Farewell dear friend I never met, other than on these pages. Gone but not forgotten..

Steve.

• Like 4

Thanks for a great GB Dennis, it was a lot of fun and a fitting tribute to Silver Fox going by the number of gallery entries.

I would have liked to have made something in RNZAF colours too, but my GB schedule is pretty hectic at present and I felt that I would not have been able to get it finished. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, John Masters said:

Thanks for the excellent GB!  Sorry I wasn’t able to finish the Strikemaster in time.  It’s finished now.  Not a great kit or build anyway.

Thanks for joining us here in the land down under, It still looks good to my eyes John. 

• Like 1

Thanks for hosting this GB lads, great turnout and commentary! Some fine work from the contributors!

iv been away from the bench since last post and will need to finish in my own time, this is my first attempt at a GB, so for the next will need to balance my time and spread my energy; less details balanced with more process.

Also my point of failure is airbrushing and considerable lack of confidence in my ability to get consistent results, at least to my eyes. It's been fun watching along with the rest of the members! Thanks!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Cuppa_joe said:

Thanks for hosting this GB lads, great turnout and commentary! Some fine work from the contributors!

iv been away from the bench since last post and will need to finish in my own time, this is my first attempt at a GB, so for the next will need to balance my time and spread my energy; less details balanced with more process.

Also my point of failure is airbrushing and considerable lack of confidence in my ability to get consistent results, at least to my eyes. It's been fun watching along with the rest of the members! Thanks!

Its more about having fun than finishing when I host a build, as long as you had fun then that is all that matters. 

• Like 3

Just now, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Its more about having fun than finishing when I host a build, as long as you had fun then that is all that matters. 

Indeed i did, to add to that a quest to learn basic electronic principles as they were to be an intimate part of my build, with the light up position lights and dashboard. Needless to say i spent more time in research and schematics then i did from that point on in the build. 

In closing, fun indeed! 

• Like 1

I would just like to add my thanks for this Group Build too. It was a great subject choice, and I was glad I managed to do a New Zealand and an Australian subject.

I have learnt a lot from the many builds on here, and am very appreciative of all the information that has been given

If ever there is another count me in please!

Ray

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for a great GB Folks,..... some fantastic models and Andy would have been in his absolute element,..... I`m sure he is looking down and smiling upon us,..... a very fitting tribute to a very genuine, lovely bloke,.... RIP mate. 

Cheers

Tony 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4