Australian and New Zealand group build chat. A build dedicated to a member “Silver fox” this is for you.

1 hour ago, Paul J said:

1/48th BN-2 Islander.  Valom kit.

I would like to add this to the GB but would like to check that I haven't gone too far for it to qualify. Started it a long while ago with only the wing halves mated, seats to the floor and engine pods part assembled.  If it is beyond the 25% rule then no worries as I will do it as a WIP instead.

9wtkPJ.jpg

VJKU7z.jpg

Could have saved it for the high wing GB but I have got others that will qualify.

Planning to finish in these decals.

No it looks under 25% the fuselage isn't together yet and there seems a bit of work to go yet. Welcome aboard please go and start a thread. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

No it looks under 25% the fuselage isn't together yet and there seems a bit of work to go yet. Welcome aboard please go and start a thread. 

Cheers!!   I was very pleased to get the decals only last week in the post with no hassle and look forward to getting on with it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Well done Dennis, always great to see another build joining the GB.

We have one of these at the local airfield flying out to the islands. 

Good luck @Paul J

Cheers Pat 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just as a courteous FYI, the house-move I hoped wouldn't happen...happened.

All the modeling stuff is packed away until the new venue is sorted, so not sure whether I'll be able to make the GB deadline...but I'll still hang around to heckle the rest of you, if that's agreeable.

Excellent and inspirational work being done by one and all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thorfinn said:

Just as a courteous FYI, the house-move I hoped wouldn't happen...happened.

All the modeling stuff is packed away until the new venue is sorted, so not sure whether I'll be able to make the GB deadline...but I'll still hang around to heckle the rest of you, if that's agreeable.

Excellent and inspirational work being done by one and all.

Well of course youre welcome to hang out and harass anyone you’d like. If you get a feeling that you want to do any work. Off you go to find an Airfix starter set and do Alan Deere’s Spitfire. Im sure one of us can mail you the codes if they're not in the kit. 

• Thanks 1

I've been trying to think of what I could whip up quickly from my collection of unbuilt kits. Potentially an Airfix Vampire T.11. I'm time-poor, but feel like I need to make a contribution to this GB. 

1 hour ago, Magua87 said:

I've been trying to think of what I could whip up quickly from my collection of unbuilt kits. Potentially an Airfix Vampire T.11. I'm time-poor, but feel like I need to make a contribution to this GB. 

We understand that life takes over and modeling has to get pushed to the side. If you think you can join in great, if not just visit and comment or offer help ? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks, 

I just got a hold of this.

20210320_235607.jpg

Because I love the idea of.

20210320_235645.jpg

I had been thinking about a Matilda II but an Aussie beutepanzer is even better. Use what you can get hold of.

So I'd like to join the group build.

• Like 3

Good afternoon

I just saw from the French TV news that there are very important floods in Australia I hope that the members of the forum who live in the regions concerned are safe and sound ..

Take good care of yourself ..

Patrice

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to everyone,

I would like to enter a late contribution to this excellent group build. I have in my stash an old Tasman kit of this indigenous trainer which I'd like to build: I think this is a good occasion to give it a chance, though I found nearly nothing over the internet about its buildability. I know it is very short-run and some modelling skills is needed, but I would like to be warned in advance of any pitfalls: I will have to remedy for both canopies crushed and if there are other obstacles ahead I doubt I will finish it in time.

Waiting for your opinions, thank you!

Fabio

P_20210329_223237

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Whirly said:

Hello to everyone,

I would like to enter a late contribution to this excellent group build. I have in my stash an old Tasman kit of this indigenous trainer which I'd like to build: I think this is a good occasion to give it a chance, though I found nearly nothing over the internet about its buildability. I know it is very short-run and some modelling skills is needed, but I would like to be warned in advance of any pitfalls: I will have to remedy for both canopies crushed and if there are other obstacles ahead I doubt I will finish it in time.

Fabio

P_20210329_223237

Welcome aboard Whirly... Please start a thread here in the group build and enjoy. Im sure someone here may have seen or built one of these so be patient and they’ll be along as soon as they see the post. If not you could post a similar question up in the aviation discussion area. 

Dennis

Sadly I don't have any more I can build for this GB as I don't have much in the way of markings for the suitable kits I do have. But by way of a tiny tribute, I have enclosed a couple pics of my other Aussie builds, to celebrate the RAAF 100th year today.

WRW5qh.jpg

I know two of these are Navy but they lend some support.
ZPA5cC.jpg

High Planes Sea Fury and ESCI A-4 Skyhawk.
90spKI.jpg

The Sabre I have shown here before but in case, it was from the Hih Planes box with the Academy kit and the High Planes conversion for the fuselage and decals by Model Alliance.
1Sb98W.jpg

• Like 10

On 4/1/2021 at 11:27 PM, Whirly said:

Hello to everyone,

Fabio

P_20210329_223237

From memory I think you’ll find the fuselage is way too narrow.  So really it’s horribly inaccurate which is particularly interesting for the silly money they go for nowadays. 

There should be at least one if not more builds on Aussie Modeller. 

Like that bloke says in “Taken” :

“Good luck!”  

On 4/3/2021 at 3:03 AM, Rob S said:

From memory I think you’ll find the fuselage is way too narrow.  So really it’s horribly inaccurate which is particularly interesting for the silly money they go for nowadays. 

Thank you @Rob S for your comment: I quickly checked a few images of the real plane and sadly you are right! 

@Corsairfoxfouruncle I will open a thread soon: despite the difficulties I'm going to take the challenge, thank you for your suggestions.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Beazer said:

@Corsairfoxfouruncle

Does this GB end next week?  April 16th/17th 

I cant find it and I dont know if Ill have enough time to finish .

I sure would like more time lol.` 

Stu got it for me, May 16th so about 5 weeks, maybe 6 if I can get an extension from Enzo ? 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Stu got it for me, May 16th so about 5 weeks, maybe 6 if I can get an extension from Enzo ? 

That’s awesome, I think I should get in under the wire then.  I mean it’s just weathering right...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

To all the Members of the Forum Participating in the Group build. I would like to wish you a great ANZAC Day. :poppy: By my calculations it is now Sunday the 25th of April. Please accept my Hearty Thank you to all of you and your fellow countrymen. They and yourselves have made great sacrifices in the Great War, World War Two, Korea, Vietnam, and the peacekeeping missions that you have taken on.  

The Hosts. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Dennis, well said.  I would be having a great Anzac Day except my son got married yesterday, a great time was had by all and now I am nursing the mother of all hangovers.  🤢🥴

AW

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Andwil said:

Thanks Dennis, well said.  I would be having a great Anzac Day except my son got married yesterday, a great time was had by all and now I am nursing the mother of all hangovers.  🤢🥴

AW

Well I hope its a long healthy Marriage, and he gives you grandkids soon. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Well I hope its a long healthy Marriage, and he gives you grandkids soon. 

Thanks Dennis.  I don’t expect kids from them in the near term as they are both establishing themselves in their chosen careers.  However our eldest daughter is expecting our first grandchild in August.

AW

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2021 at 8:45 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Has there been any discussion/opinions floated on a weeks grace on this, I'm making good progress but my shift work is going to get right in the way, especially over the days leading up to the 16th May, I'm back at work tomorrow, 3x12 hour days, then only 3 days off before I'm back on 3x12 hour nights which will have me finishing on the morning of the 16th.  It'll be a struggle. :( 

Another thought about this build being a tribute to Andy, when we had the Tribute GB to Edgar a few years ago, from memory the gallery wasn't frozen but people could still post their finished builds as they completed them even though they were outside the GB dates & so fulfil their tribute to Edgar. I'm thinking this might be appropriate for this GB too.

Just saying <_<

Steve.

• Like 2