Australian and New Zealand group build chat. A build dedicated to a member “Silver fox” this is for you.

16 minutes ago, jackroadkill said:

If only Airfix would hurry themselves along a bit and get their 1/72 Beafort done; I'd love to do one of those in a RNZAF scheme.

Tell me about it, though Im angling for either a Malta or SAAF with mine. Even ordered the correct decals for both options. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Tell me about it, though Im angling for either a Malta or SAAF with mine. Even ordered the correct decals for both options. 

A Malta scheme would be great - in fact, a whole slew of different aircraft in their Malta schemes would be something I'd like to work towards.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fatfingers said:

Hopefully i'll be able to get it finished but i'm also due to partake in the PzIII GB and the Africa GB and they're all running at more or less the same time... just hope i won't be biting too much off! 😁

Sounds like you need A Spreadsheet.  :lol:  

• Haha 1

This will be my contribution. A Royal Australian Navy Bristol Sycamore HR Mk 50, from S&M Models in my favourite 1/72 scale. It’s the top picture on the box. 

Andrew 

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thats a very good looking option @abat, you’ll forgive me as Im not the mist knowledgable on Helicopters. Is that the Oxford blue scheme I’ve seen on later Wessex and other types ? 

That’s the one. Here’s a link to a little bit of background on the type. 

https://www.navy.gov.au/aircraft/bristol-sycamore-hr5051

• Like 1

9 hours ago, abat said:

This will be my contribution. A Royal Australian Navy Bristol Sycamore HR Mk 50, from S&M Models in my favourite 1/72 scale. It’s the top picture on the box. 

Andrew 

spacer.png

I’m not familiar with S&M Models, I hope the name doesn’t relate to the build experience!

AW

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Andwil said:

I’m not familiar with S&M Models, I hope the name doesn’t relate to the build experience!

AW

Ha ha! I’m sure any hard work and pain will solely be the result of my ham-fisted assembling!

17 hours ago, Andwil said:

Don't Google "S&M models"...   you'll only end up regretting it...  :yikes:

• Haha 6

On 1/4/2021 at 7:10 AM, Enzo Matrix said:

Don't Google "S&M models"...   you'll only end up regretting it...  :yikes:

.....and why's that Enzo?  :rofl2:

I bet you can find some "interesting" model accessories there!

• Haha 1

OK sign me up - I'm going for a NZ M41 Walker Bulldog (which one of the 10?), will be attempting to print my own decals and modify the old Tamiya kit as best I can - it's actually not a bad kit, remember it from my childhood going together well, cheap even back then!

I was tempted to buy a Trumpeter ASLAV but my New Year's resolution seems to be stash reduction rather than kit collection (not going great I've already bought a Ford Mustang for the GB later this year!)

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Scargsy said:

OK sign me up - I'm going for a NZ M41 Walker Bulldog (which one of the 10?), will be attempting to print my own decals and modify the old Tamiya kit as best I can - it's actually not a bad kit, remember it from my childhood going together well, cheap even back then!

I was tempted to buy a Trumpeter ASLAV but my New Year's resolution seems to be stash reduction rather than kit collection (not going great I've already bought a Ford Mustang for the GB later this year!)

Welcome aboard, This should be an interesting build. 

Looks like there are going to be some interesting builds. I'm all set to start with a Hobbycraft 1/72 DHC-3 Otter in Qantas colours, using Hawkeye decals, and a Matchbox Norseman in Ansett-MAL colours - finished drawing the decals, just need to get them printed now. If I get time (fairly doubtful given all the other overlapping GBs, but you never know) there's a scheme for a nice looking NZ-registered aircraft in the Dora Wings Proctor kit I was given for Xmas, or maybe an A-4K.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beazer said:

So did the P-39 airacobras use American or British seats...

Seeking additional Aircraft to shore up defenses against

the advancing Japanese, Australia approached the US for assistance.

The US provided some 22 odd P39's (P39D/F's) for Australian use circa mid 1942.

These were handed back to the US, end of 1943.

I would say US seats

• Like 2

This arrived today.  The decals I had in my stock a few months in readiness. So this will be one of my builds hopefully starting once my new shed is up and running after next Monday!!

tgMHYZ.jpg

M1NcvV.jpg

k5yR0h.jpg

• Like 10

Just now, theplasticsurgeon said:

I've just realised that this kit has a NZ option.

Sword_Strikemaster.jpg

And this Hawk an Australian option.

Italeri-Hawk-Aus.jpg

Yes, count upon me joining in.

Ooooh I was looking for a Strikemaster and couldn't find any. Thats a little treasure you have, the Hawk is a nice bonus as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

I've just realised that this kit has a NZ option.

Sword_Strikemaster.jpg

And this Hawk an Australian option.

Italeri-Hawk-Aus.jpg

Yes, count upon me joining in.

The Italeri RAAF markings for the Hawk are fictitious, based on the BAe prototype, as I recall the roundels and tail number are black on the decal sheet which does not match even their colour scheme in the picture on the box.