Australian and New Zealand group build chat. A build dedicated to a member “Silver fox” this is for you.

7 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Dennis

I'll be delighted to co-host, the irony of the Anzac GB being hosted by the USA & Scotland is priceless !

Cheers Pat

Sold to the crazy man wearing a Kilt. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I wish I still had mine, I gained a few kegs and out grew my Kilt. Need to get another one someday. And yes it was worn traditionally. 

I blamed a defective wardrobe making the clothes shrink, it can't be you and I getting bigger after all we still look the same as we were in our 20's, just a little wiser and smarter and dare one say more distinguished ;)

24 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Happy as long as he is wearing at least the Kilt...

You spoil sport ! :blush:

Cheers Pat

• Like 3

Arrr Dennis, I really don't mind being #13 on the list...I embrace the badness. My car is actually build #13 (it's a limited edition) and it's Black. Someone at the factory though the number/colour combo was just right! :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Hi Dennis

I'll be delighted to co-host, the irony of the Anzac GB being hosted by the USA & Scotland is priceless !

Cheers Pat

Hmmmm now what could possibly go wrong!!! :think:

6 hours ago, Marlin said:

Perhaps I'd be better of with an Aussie Growler then....    

/Bosse 

I maybe a bit harsh as I use to work on them and have a real soft spot for them. I didn't know of all the issues when I first bought mine,  but they soon became apparent. 

It is buildable but it will take some work and extra bits to get it right.

2 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Happy as long as he is wearing at least the Kilt...

OMG!!!!  That's a scary image that'll take a while to forget!!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

Arrr Dennis, I really don't mind being #13 on the list...I embrace the badness. My car is actually build #13 (it's a limited edition) and it's Black. Someone at the factory though the number/colour combo was just right! :thumbsup:

Its not that as I think it bodes well for the voting stage if there is no #14.

I would love to be in on this; so many great subjects! But I fear my slow build rate precludes any chance of ever being in a group build.

Good luck. I hope this gets over the line and if it does I will watch with great interest.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

I would love to be in on this; so many great subjects! But I fear my slow build rate precludes any chance of ever being in a group build.

Good luck. I hope this gets over the line and if it does I will watch with great interest.

Are you sure Steve we would love to have you join us. If you change your mind let us know. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

Not everyone finishes their Group Build projects Steve, I still have a couple from GBs last that I have yet to finish. Come on, come join the fun!

• Like 2

Thanks for proposing this GB Dennis, it should be a hoot, however I do suggest we add a slight twist to the rules whenever we get there. 

In stereo-typical Aussie form, I propose all GB participants take part in a "Beer O-Clock" Zoom session before we take to our dedicated builds for the evening (or morning depending on time zones). 

This should produce a few interesting subjects and might even propel me to finish off a GB entry or two! 

I'm in with Bell's on! 

Cheers.. Dave   

• Haha 5

14 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Thanks for proposing this GB Dennis, it should be a hoot, however I do suggest we add a slight twist to the rules whenever we get there. 

In stereo-typical Aussie form, I propose all GB participants take part in a "Beer O-Clock" Zoom session before we take to our dedicated builds for the evening (or morning depending on time zones). 

This should produce a few interesting subjects and might even propel me to finish off a GB entry or two! 

I'm in with Bell's on! 

Cheers.. Dave   

Done Dave... for those that are medically able or non-addictive they can imbibe of the spirits. I shall add you to the list. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pacificmustang said:

Im in, especially as it will be the Centenary of our Air Force, the second oldest in the world, next year

Bruce

A minor correction: I'm afraid it's not the second oldest in the world. Finnish AF already celebrated its Centenary in 2018. V-P

• Like 2

2 hours ago, trickyrich said:

can I suggest a minimum 5 drink entry!!! :cheers:

Drunk modelling GB anyone? Build anything you like provided you can’t walk in a straight line while doing it. Probably best to avoid sharp tools, which might inhibit things a bit.

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Might actually improve some of our models!

Reminds me of a funny story. When i was 17 my buddy and i had a party at his house while the parents were on a cruise. After everyone left I couldn't sleep even though id had a bottle Whiskey all to my lonesome self. So i set about hand painting a Hellcat canopy. Next day when I woke up my friend asked me how the heck I got the lines so straight while i was that lit up. I always figured the Alcohol calmed my heart beat and steadied my hands. Wish I still had my build of “Minsi”. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I always figured the Alcohol calmed my heart beat and steadied my hands

.. so that’s the trick? Might down a couple of schooners before I tackle that Meteor NF.11 canopy! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2