easyjet Airbus A319 1/144

9 hours ago, BluesModeller said:

Yes!

Took an age to get them to fit right.  Never did get them perfect but close enough.

ok good to know. its really emberassing... the rest is so nice, and they ruined it with this. problem is, you dont expect it...otherwise i could have prepared it before painting...

pic 1: installing hydraulic lines on the gear. no fun.

pic 2: broke the wingtip for the second time, once again superglueing->sanding->priming->orange->clearcoat

pic 3: engine pylon .. Revell's Rache i would call it. sanded the pylon until it was aligning with the wing, after glueing i did the trick with MrSurfacer 500 and vinyl masking tape.

pic 4: Wingbox seal from the bottom, after doing more research i found out, i missed some lines on the sides, will make them soon.

quite happy with the overall results so far, just some minor mishaps (fuel cap decal lifted with the demasking->will fix it).

i always manage to break wingtips and antennas.... 😕

IMG_0821 2

IMG_0822 2 IMG_0824 2 IMG_0823 2

• Like 12

Hydraulic lines etc completed. Next time i will take a thinner wire... the real thing is hardly visible and is located more on the side of the strut. anyway, i think the result is ok!

Maybe something that might be interesting for others: this is my way of aligning the gear before i glue the supports etc.

I glue the main strut into place with masking fluid. once its dry, i align the supporting strut and glue it with TET, so the gear is one part and it is fixed and aligned. After it dried i rip the gear from the masking tape and clean it. I can now paint it without having any issues later on cause i know it will fit perfectly 🙂

Next step painting it in Revell 90 🙂

IMG_0836

IMG_0837

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, coneheadff said:

Fantastisch!!!!

Bookmarked everything for my AirBerlin build.. one day 😉

awesome, looking forward! just go for zvezda , dont make the mistake to take the revell 320!

• Like 1

WOW.............. talk about 'eye candy".................... I could stare at this for hours, such incredibly clean precise work............... amazing talents you show..... I could only dream of such beautiful detailed work......

This is the first time for a while that I have checked progress on this masterpiece. What fantastic modelling and a fund of useful information!

Since you are obviously aiming for perfection can I mention that on the A319 the black wing box sealing strip is continuous on the right side only like so.  I assume it has something to do with the proximity of the baggage door since the continuous strip is also present on the A318 but not the A320 or A321.

Looking forward to the next instalment of this masterclass

Dave G

6 hours ago, Biggu said:

WOW.............. talk about 'eye candy".................... I could stare at this for hours, such incredibly clean precise work............... amazing talents you show..... I could only dream of such beautiful detailed work......

thanx Biggu for the nice comment!

3 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

This is the first time for a while that I have checked progress on this masterpiece. What fantastic modelling and a fund of useful information!

Since you are obviously aiming for perfection can I mention that on the A319 the black wing box sealing strip is continuous on the right side only like so.  I assume it has something to do with the proximity of the baggage door since the continuous strip is also present on the A318 but not the A320 or A321.

Looking forward to the next instalment of this masterclass

Dave G

Duuuuuuude.... you got me!!!! i never spotted this, allthough i walked around this aircraft a few hundred times. Now my reference pictures (my own walkarounds) just show the 320 and 321, and i completely missed that detail - again your information is the reason, why i so much like this forum! thank you so much for that... i will definetly correct it 🙂  i love these details and its no option to not implement this. thanks again for that

2 hours ago, Challenger350Pilot said:

What a beautifully dirty bird! Like Dave, I am enjoying this masterclass. Wowser. 

haha...yes, EZY usually keeps them similar to this. not always, but sometimes. i like it more than out of the paintshop.

by the way, did not forget about your "how to" for winglights, i just had no time. i will try to do it once the 319 is finished.

All your nice replies are the reason why i will keep on doing WIP threads here. thank you all.  🤟

• Like 4

On 8/3/2020 at 6:33 PM, RCI said:

Maybe something that might be interesting for others: this is my way of aligning the gear before i glue the supports etc.

I glue the main strut into place with masking fluid. once its dry, i align the supporting strut and glue it with TET, so the gear is one part and it is fixed and aligned. After it dried i rip the gear from the masking tape and clean it. I can now paint it without having any issues later on cause i know it will fit perfectly 🙂

Next step painting it in Revell 90 🙂

A great tip - thanks

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 4:32 PM, FortyEighter said:

A great tip - thanks

here we go for the last few updates...

after trial and error, my 3d printer finally came out with these rimcaps, they fit. woohoo :D

The resin wheels are ready to be cut off, started with Mr.Surfacer white primer, went on with MRP white, then MRP gloss clear and tamiya panel liner.

The Struts are ready and the Oleos were done with Molotow...i cant resist using this stuff. Also Taxi and turn off lights were installed on the NLG, and i was able to put in the whole assembly. Nose tires are not yet ready, they need a light panel wash the the bolts must be highlighted yet.

One of the biggest flaws that really annoy me is the fact, that the decals do not fit some of the doors and hatches at all. you can clearly see it on the 4th picture, the size doesnt match the least bit...lesson for me: next time no decals for hatches. if i have had the time, this wouldnt pass my QC at all.

Things to be done:

- Wingbody seal wing underside (forgot that one when i did all the seals)

- Wheel assembly + MLG assembly

- All gear doors (finished but need to be glued)

- Beacon and rear nav lights

- Antennas (ready, just needs to be glued)

- scratch built AOA sensors (ready, just needs to be glues - holy cow the smallest part on this Bus)

- Static dischargers

- Wipers (photoetch ready, will be funny to get them where they are supposed to be)

that should be everything, then comes the small diorama plate that is inside the acrylic show case. must be finished in 4 days...countdown 🙂

@Skodadriver the last pic is for you 😉

IMG_0879 IMG_0875 IMG_0877 IMG_0880 IMG_0878

Edited by RCI
  • Like 9

Sooooo Gentleman!

that's it!

i finished all of the above mentioned except the top antennas, static dischargers and AOA sensors. Also i installed the outflow valve, which i forgot to put on the list. These left items will be done in a few hours. Next up are pictures of the completed thing in the "ready for inspection" forum in the next few days.

the pictures are the almost finished model, the last few items yet to be done.

Thanks very much for watching and all the nice comments. i will definetly do another WIP report here soon.

see you guys soon...

IMG_0889 IMG_0892 IMG_0888 IMG_0890

• Like 13

11 hours ago, Lex77 said:

WOW! Very well done!

11 hours ago, Moa said:

Amazing!

3 hours ago, woody37 said:

Superb detailing :)

thank you guys so much!

i finished it yesterday, and i think it really looks good. The static dischargers are fine like hair, i took them from a brush. also the AOAs and pitots went on great.

In a few days i will post the finished model in a new thread.

Best regards

3 hours ago, Biggu said:

FABULOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thx biggu

3 hours ago, busnproplinerfan said:

I like the weathering, not over done. Just looks like it’s due for the washbay.

thx, that was my intention. i dont like it overdone...i always try to achieve a realistic look.

• Like 1