Wildcat Weekend

During the recent Blitzbuild Group Build here on BM, I took the opportunity to drag out a long term stash resident the Frog Wildcat.

Despite all the parts being off the spruces and the decals looking past their best, the kit turned out really well despite the interventions of our kitten that decided it would look much better on the floor with one wing removed !

The aircraft is a Wildcat Mk.IV. 896 Squadron, Fleet Air Arm, HMS Pursuer, February 1944.

Work in progress below

IMG_5001

IMG_5002

IMG_5003

IMG_5004

IMG_4999

I hope you like it, let me know what you think.

Cheers Pat

• Like 18

Nice model! Silly me, I was hoping for a picture of the kitten too so that we have a visual record of that extra one who "participated" in this build. 😃

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Nice model! Silly me, I was hoping for a picture of the kitten too so that we have a visual record of that extra one who "participated" in this build. 😃

As requested, Mrs Jockney did the arty shot !

IMG-20200531-WA0000

Cheers Pat

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I like the Wildcat Pat, looks just like the one I built 40+ years ago. They are a nice wee kit, I've got another couple in stock.. ;) Is the kitty cat a Burmese with those markings? We've a Burmese kitten, 7 months old now, hell on 4 legs, he has taken the whole household hostage. :D

Steve.

• Like 1

Hi Steve

She is a Rag doll, we had a Bengal previously who sadly we lost on the main road nearby.

For that reason Mrs Jockney is hoping this one will be a house cat.

Glad you liked the other Wildcat as well !

cheers Pat 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

For that reason Mrs Jockney is hoping this one will be a house cat.

Mrs Hnz has similar plans for our wee guy,  yeah right. :D

Steve

Edited by stevehnz
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, IanC said:

Neat job on an old classic. 

Tell  me you didn't use Scotch eggs to support the model for the underside shot? 🙂

No it's actually a pair of Kiwi fruits

Although some people were a little concerned I had emasculated a doorstep salesmen, and kept them as trophies !

Cheers Pat

• Haha 1

Pat, I just noticed, the aerial post should slope forward, yeah I know, a bit counter logical but thats the way they were. You probably don't feel like changing it & I don't blame you.

Steve.

8 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Pat, I just noticed, the aerial post should slope forward, yeah I know, a bit counter logical but thats the way they were. You probably don't feel like changing it & I don't blame you.

Steve.

Thanks Steve

I wondered about that, the Frog painting guide bizarrely shows backwards for the one i built and forward for the other one ?

Ill try and get a picture.

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

12 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Steve.

Hi Steve

I must admit I followed the Frog painting guide, this has it sloped backwards for the one I built and the opposite way for the other one see below

IMG_4955

If I'm wrong which is highly likely, I will most likely end up breaking something trying to change it, so I shall be giving it a good leaving alone !

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

Something new to me too, I've only ever been aware of the forward sloping ones. It looks like I did my one of these kind of uprightish, hard to tell from the angle. It would have been the same paint instructions that you've got Pat, maybe I just split the difference. :unsure: Hard to recall from 45+ years ago. :D 

Frog Wildcat IV

Frog did seem to get those sorts of things right though so happy to be corrected.

Steve.

• Like 1