Evening everybody... Id like to present my 1/72 Trumpeter F-107 Ultrasabre. I built in the “They also serve group build”. 

I built mine as 55120 which did indeed serve with NACA/NASA from 1957-59. I however was not inspired by the factory test scheme of silver lacquer with red panels. While researching NASA test aircraft looking for photo’s I came across two of Convair’s Aircraft. The Delta Dagger and Dart in a striking ADC Grey and Gloss Sea Blue scheme. Thats when the gears started to slowly grind through the rust that is my brain. I decided to build the 107 as a Whif in this scheme. Theorizing that NASA kept it for longer and decided to repaint it in a different guise at some point to match the Convair types. So I present you my F-107 circa 1971 in the later Scheme. kKDippl.jpg

O53D5lK.jpg

BnZUY2z.jpg

O7PYn8G.jpg

XGukKNd.jpg

BbofjN6.jpg

lPogdZV.jpg

9pCFZAU.jpg

de2X0cM.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, and or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 21

It's always nice when you can let your imagination run and produce something different yet plausible. Very nice build. What is the kit like to build?

• Thanks 1

Just now, SAT69 said:

It's always nice when you can let your imagination run and produce something different yet plausible. Very nice build. What is the kit like to build?

Not bad actually, the fit is ok but needs a bit of work. One of the other reasons I steered away from the silver/red scheme. The link is at the top of the post if you want to have a read through.