Really magnificent and outstanding !!!!!!

In all aspects. It is the best Mirage III on any scale, the best NMF aircraft on any scale I have ever seen.
I honestly have no words to describe the impression of such quality in a modeling job.

Congratulations.

Andrés S.

• Like 1

That is by far the most beautiful and realistic bare metal finish I've ever seen on a model.  It's really inspiring me to build the Mirage IIIO I have in my stash!

• Like 1

Astoundingly good.  The natural metal finish is possibly the best I've ever seen.  It brings out the beautiful sleek lines of the Mirage III perfectly.  It is easy to mistake this as 1/1 scale so the fact that it is 1/72 is even more power to your elbow.  I have this kit in the stash as the Mirage III is a favourite of mine.  If it comes out even a fraction as good as this I'll be happy.

• Like 1

Thank you to all for the nice words, it is certainly a standout on my shelf of grey! If I'm honest this is the first proper NMF I've done (well second try if you count the repaint) and I think the look is simply down to patience, mainly in masking many different panels and building up subtle changes in variation, using pics of the real thing here was essential to not over or under do it. I'm glad you guys like it, someday I'll take on a 1/32 Mirage IIIS and may experiment with foil.

Thanks again,

David 

• Like 3

Wow. Incredible natural metal finish. I honestly can’t think I’ve ever seen better, especially in this scale. And the photographs, the way the sun shines off the fuselage is incredible. It may have taken a lot of work, but it’s rime well spent. 

• Like 1

What can I say that others haven't already said? Incredible paint job and a beautiful model of one of the most interesting variants. Doesn't hurt that the Mirage is the sexiest fighter ever built 😁

• Like 1

That's an absolutely beautiful model.  The extra you put in to it lifts it just that bit extra.  The wip was worth perusing to see the efforts you went to, and what a result.

• Like 1

The model is fantastic indeed! Alclad is perfect for metal finish especially if modeller can really take most of it. Photography is fantastic either!!! Definitely adds to the realistic look. 

I wonder how great the kit is itself? Do we finally have the ultimate Mirage III?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dennis_C said:

The model is fantastic indeed! Alclad is perfect for metal finish especially if modeller can really take most of it. Photography is fantastic either!!! Definitely adds to the realistic look. 

I wonder how great the kit is itself? Do we finally have the ultimate Mirage III?

I think the kit on the whole is excellent, the details in places rival or better anything I have seen in this scale. Some test fitting and a little filler in places (wings) due to it being a short run kit I guess but nothing outrageous, mostly the fit is good. My only criticism is that the leading edge of the wing root starts a few mm too far back, so the wing sweep is not 100% correct, but the error is very small and mostly unnoticeable. I think the Special Hobby kit however will be a much easier option to build the IIIS specifically, this did require seemingly quite a lot of mod work. 

I'll sure build the mirage IIIB when it comes out as a Swiss Mirage IIIBS to partner this build.

Thanks to all for the kind words, very much appreciated!

David 

Edited by mirageiv
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations, David! 👏 I think the other forum members already said all the best words that can describe your work, anyway I’ll repeat some: it’s hard to believe that your Mirage is in the Gentleman Scale, looks more like 48th or even the real thing. Great attention to the details, perfect painting job. Thank you for sharing this beautiful build with us! Bravo! 👍

• Thanks 1